Sannce ip cameras with NVR and own wifi?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Meeko

Sannce ip cameras with NVR and own wifi?

Post by Meeko »

Hello all, first post!
Just installed zoneminder with centos7 on a vanilla box and its working great so far with two Foscam p&t wireless ip cams.

Need to do some tweaks to get email alerts etc but getting there.

However: i have 6 cameras from Sannce with their own paired NVR that I'd like to dispose of the NVR and use the cameras. But they connect to the NVR via its own WPA2 wifi, not my own internal wifi. Therr is no passphrase for the wifi, nor do the usual guesses work. According to the manual its possible to 'pair' the camera to the recorder with an ethernet cable then it will appear via wifi so Im guessing some dhcp & tftp goes on.

Anyone any ideas how to use them with zonemanager?

Cameras are I41V and box is N48WHE

Many thanks in advance!
Last edited by Meeko on Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magic919

Re: Sannce ip cameras with NVR and own wifi?

Post by Magic919 »

Can you not plug one into your own network? Then have a go at configuring the wifi on the camera via an interface.
-
Meeko

Post by Meeko »

Ive tried to connect by ethernrt to my hub and nmap a ping sweep to find its ip address without any success so far. The box gives the 172.x.x.x addresses.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

That method is a bit flawed.

They seem to have an app. Get that on a mobile device on the wifi and try to add the camera.
-
Meeko

Post by Meeko »

Well ive had some success. I can now change the ip address and wifi password so its attached to the internal network and i can browse: like http://192.168.0.188 and i get a login screen then a flash player of the main stream.

Problem is i cant find how to access the strram in zoneminder.

Any ideas? Ive tried rtsp (the following ports are open: 23, 80, 554, 6789, 6790, 8000)
Meeko

Post by Meeko »

Stumbled upon the right string!!!

rtsp://admin:pass@192.168.0.188:554/ch1/main/av_stream
burger

Post by burger »

To find camera paths, it's easiest to test with vlc or ffplay/ffmpeg. Try the following:
* user manual
* onvif
* ispydb
* online search

For more details see https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Finding_Camera_Stream_Paths
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Good to see you’ve cracked it.
-
binbash

Post by binbash »

So i had the same issue. this is what i have now'

zm ver 1.36.12
source path: rtsp://admin:xxxx@192.168.1.244:554/ch0_0.264
^^^^ : ^^^^
note, make sure you put the correct username and password as you created when innitially setting up the camera with the app
pfb

Post by pfb »

Meeko wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:29 pm Well ive had some success. I can now change the ip address and wifi password so its attached to the internal network and i can browse: like http://192.168.0.188 and i get a login screen then a flash player of the main stream.

Problem is i cant find how to access the strram in zoneminder.

Any ideas? Ive tried rtsp (the following ports are open: 23, 80, 554, 6789, 6790, 8000)
Hi Meeka. I have the exact system. For the life of me, I cannot get it to show up on a the local network via ethernet cable or see how connect its propietary wifi. How were you are to get direct access to the camera IP and change? Thank you