zmninja inconsistency

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
lorenjz

zmninja inconsistency

Post by lorenjz »

I think I'm starting to get my configuration nailed down and I am impressed with how much you can do with zoneminder, the event server and zmninja. The one stumbling block for my wife and I is that about 80% of the time when we load the app on our phones (android) the only way to get the montage and live views to display anything is to go to settings click the save button and then return to the desired view. If we don't do that all we see is a blank area where the video should be displayed with three dots (in either view). Is there something that I have configured incorrectly?

Thanks for your help

Loren
asker

Re: zmninja inconsistency

Post by asker »

I've never been able to replicate this, but I have heard of this happening.

1. Do you use ZM auth?
2. Which version ZM?
3. Please follow https://zmninja.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... ort-errors on how to localize logs and please send them to me.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
lorenjz

Post by lorenjz »

asker wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:35 pm I've never been able to replicate this, but I have heard of this happening.

1. Do you use ZM auth?
yes
asker wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:35 pm 2. Which version ZM?

Attached is a log following the instructions. To clarify I cleared the log closed zmninja, opened the app it worked, closed it, reopened it and then had the issue. I hope that isn't too much extra to slog through.
Attachments
20200903zmNinjaLog.txt
(20.49 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
asker

Post by asker »

I don’t see anything wrong with the logs.
1. Does it happen all the time or only some times?
2. Any chance I can get a test ZM account on your server?
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
lorenjz

Post by lorenjz »

Thanks for looking at the logs, I appreciate it.

It only happens some of the time. I'll blast you info about a test account via pm.
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

I have this happen to me as well. I can repeat this via:

Launch zmNinja with montage view -> All OK
Background zmNinja (wipe off screen [or whatever that action is])
Launch zmNinja -> monitors all show "...." (and lots of flickering)

If I clear API cache and exit and restart the monitors return. ALSO, and easier/quicker, if I click on any zmNinja menu item and then click on Monitors the Monitor views come back.

Android 10
zmNinja v1.4.009
asker

Post by asker »

SkippyDo, can you reliably replicate this every time? I've set up a test account with lorenjz on my android device and waiting for the situation to reproduce.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

I haven't been able to replicate this over 72 hours with lorenjz's server and my android 8 device.
So my presumption is it is an android client specific issue. I've put in some additional guards in a modified apk. If someone can easily replicate this issue, please contact me at pliablepixels at gmail and try the APK. Please send logs after that.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

asker wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:34 pm SkippyDo, can you reliably replicate this every time? I've set up a test account with lorenjz on my android device and waiting for the situation to reproduce.
Yes.

Sent you my logs.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Will subscribe to this thread so I don't miss follow-ups!
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

The monitor issue is cleared up (for sure) but now I am no longer getting event notifications.

I've run through all the debug stuff per https://zmeventnotification.readthedocs ... situations and everything looks as it should.

According to my phone I haven't received any notifications since I installed the APK. Nothing else has changed.

It's like I disabled notifications on my phone but that it not the case.

Is this a coincidence or?
asker

Post by asker »

Are you on ES 6? If not you would have received a pop up reminds ng you.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

Yes, 6.0 (had installed and was running it for a while now). ZM is 1.34.20.

Things were all working fine until I had that "encounter" with letsencrypt (the renewals messing up cert permissions), which you helped guide me toward a solution. Then I jumped into this subject's thread, in which you resolved the monitor issue.
asker

Post by asker »

Try this:
1. Edit tokens.txt and remove all entries
2. Restart ES
3. Start zmNinja
4. Make sure new token shows up in tokens.txt
5. Send an alarm and look at ES logs.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

That was the first thing I did (those steps). It populates fine. Nothing looks out of whack in the logs.

It's really like my phone just won't receive the notifications, that it's got a setting that's blocking, but I don't have anything blocked that I can see: I have a few other apps that I allow; zmNinja shows it's not blocked and the last notification was 3 days ago.

Can I install the previous version of zmNinja to test this?
asker

Post by asker »

SkippyDo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:03 pm That was the first thing I did (those steps). It populates fine. Nothing looks out of whack in the logs.

It's really like my phone just won't receive the notifications, that it's got a setting that's blocking, but I don't have anything blocked that I can see: I have a few other apps that I allow; zmNinja shows it's not blocked and the last notification was 3 days ago.

Can I install the previous version of zmNinja to test this?
Yes just delete the apk and re-install the old one.

ES docs
zmNinja docs