Progress bar jumping back and forth

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
gruiarew

Progress bar jumping back and forth

Post by gruiarew »

Don't know if was reported already but when seeing events that are long (like 10 minutes, loop recording) I see the video only displayed as 30 seconds, then when is almost in the end, progress bar jumps back, add some more minutes and so on.

Running 1.34.11-buster1 on Debian 10.4. In 1.34.10 didn't saw this. Wonder if anyone else has this issue, as is quite annoying.
iconnor

Re: Progress bar jumping back and forth

Post by iconnor »

"Don't know if was reported already".

If only there was a way to determine that.

Known problem. Unknown fix.
gruiarew

Post by gruiarew »

Sorry man, wasn't aware. It this helps: seems to be browser related. Chrome doesn't do that. Firefox does.
zmc

Post by zmc »

Could someone point me in the right direction where this issue is being handled? Went through the Github issue list and part of the forum here but couldn't find it.

Yes, I have the same problem, but only when available bandwidth is low: https://streamable.com/sahqz1
Bluemax

Post by Bluemax »

iconnor wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:14 am Known problem. Unknown fix.
What about this?
iconnor wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:34 pm I suppose we should make this setting configurable.
Exporting the whole string to 'Options/System' would be a good fix indeed.
zmc

Post by zmc »

Sorry for bumping this thread but I don't like to leave it without clues on what to do next in case someone reads this later: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=29332

The fix/workaround(?) proposed by Bluemax would be excellent for now. I guess some users are not seeing this behavior at all if they have short event lenghts and/or fast network, while for others this can in practice prevent reviewing alarms from the timeline (like in my case, a remote site with very slow internet).
gruiarew

Post by gruiarew »

For me is doing in high, directly connected to the server. But only in Firefox. Chrome doesn't have this issue. Neither the browser in Android (Samsung Browser)