Hardware in use

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jameswilson

Hardware in use

Post by jameswilson »

im curios as to what systems zm is happily running on for example i have test rigs in with the following spec, 2.2GHz celeron 512 mb on either 80 or 160 gig WD drives. I have 1 with 4 inputs anither with 12 both systems are set to mocord all inputs and with no ;ontage etc running have an ave load of 0.25. on the 4 cam system i have succesfully conected 6 win xp clients all runing jpg montage with a load of about 16 ( subject of another post) It appears that if there is alot of motion the load increases which is to be expected. My question really is what you running on it input wise and pc wise. How big has it been taken and on what hardware.

Thanks for your input
James
thelight

Post by thelight »

I have a Pentium 4 2.0ghz system with 640mb of ram and a 160gb hdd. It runs 3 camera's all at a resolution of 768x576. They all run in modetect mode at a max of 5fps, although they capture at 25fps when an event is detected. 10 seconds of images is stored for before and after each event. A seperate computer on the lan displays a constante 'cycle' of images over the network.

I think the system is about running at maximum. Load varies from about 1.8 to 4 depending on cctv activity, RAM is almost entirely used and pushing the system much further more ends in the system running out of steam.