zmaudit and zmfilter failling

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
SkippyDo

zmaudit and zmfilter failling

Post by SkippyDo »

New install on Debian 9.

Errors in ZM log file for zmaudit:
zmaudit 14444 FAT zmaudit.pl appears to already be running at pid 10787. If not, please delete /var/run/zm/zmaudit.pid or use the --force command line option. zmaudit.pl
Removing the pid file doesn't do anything.

sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/zmaudit.pl (with pid file removed) produces:
Can't locate Number/Bytes/Human.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Number::Bytes::Human module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Event.pm line 39.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmaudit.pl line 143.
If I probe for this module I come up with:
libnumber-bytes-human-perl - module to convert byte count to human readable format and back

ZM is also logging errors for zmfilter:
'zmfilter.pl --filter_id=1 --daemon' exited abnormally, exit status 9
SkippyDo

Re: zmaudit and zmfilter failling

Post by SkippyDo »

I believe that I've now got this resolved. Required re(?)-installing the perl module Number::Bytes::Human.

Seems like there could be better checking of required bits by the installer. I don't recall running across any such issues when first installing 1.30.4. Anyway...

At this point I have no issues related to 1.32.3 that I know of. So, all in all the developers are doing a really good job.
MrArca9

Post by MrArca9 »

I'm necroing this thread for good reason. Anyone who is installing ZoneMinder for Ubuntu 19.04 is going to run into this issue because the latest package is 1.32*, this is a huge oversight by the maintainer as it renders filters completely obsolete. Hot fixing the 1.32 pkg would be nice.

Thanks for posting your reply over a year ago, this helped me fix my installation.

Edit: For those who came here from google like I did, use this to grab the required package

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install -y libnumber-bytes-human-perl

* see https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... der_1.33.x
As of 31DEC19 there is no Zonemiinder 1.33.x package in the zoneminder-master PPA for Ubuntu 19.10
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

19.04 is EOL.
1.32 is EOL.

For good reason.
MrArca9

Post by MrArca9 »

iconnor wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:21 pm 19.04 is EOL.
1.32 is EOL.

For good reason.
Following the instructions on the Raspberry PI 4 wiki, this is STILL an issue.

Before:

Code: Select all

ERR ['zmfilter.pl --filter_id=2 --daemon' exited abnormally, exit status 9]
After:
Nothing, fixed.