merge/concat events (post-event-wait)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Bluemax

merge/concat events (post-event-wait)

Post by Bluemax »

I have a huge amount of short clips generated daily. They are nearly all 8 seconds long (seems to be a bug with h264 passthrough only). If (say) a cat sits for 10 minutes in front of the camera i get maybe 30-40 events. The cat looks up, down, left, whatever. Every motion detection is correct though and its exactly what i want. But the annoying part is that all events are scattered as separate 8sec clips filling up the event list quickly.

Would it be possible to have some kind of optional "post-event-wait" period (like 10secs) before ZM commits the event to the list and if there is another motion detected (in that timeframe) it appends/continues the current event? It doesn't matter if there are "time gaps" (skipped frames) in the clip. Its more about getting a cleaner and more reasonable event list.
iconnor

Re: merge/concat events (post-event-wait)

Post by iconnor »

There is a min section length setting introduced in 1.34. It was designed more for the mocord case, don't know if it will affect the modect case.

However it would not skip frames, it will record them all.

I don't think I would implement this feature without someone paying for it. We do have a new developer who is looking for bounties, so a bounty on it might get you somewhere.
Bluemax

Post by Bluemax »

iconnor wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:37 pm There is a min section length setting introduced in 1.34. It was designed more for the mocord case, don't know if it will affect the modect case.
That's interesting as the docs say:
Section Length
This specifies the length (in seconds) of any fixed length events produced when the monitor function is ‘Record’ or ‘Mocord’. Otherwise it is ignored.
There is no entry for MinSectionlength yet but one might think (at least i did) that it would be limited to these two modes as well. But that's not the case. It does affect Modect indeed and that's the culprit for the 8sec bug. That's really good news.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Increase the post event image buffer. It's in the docs, scroll up from the post you referenced in your earlier post
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
Bluemax

Post by Bluemax »

I've done that already (with 100 frames). I will try some extreme values next.