Panasonic KX-HCM280

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jameswilson

Panasonic KX-HCM280

Post by jameswilson »

As i see that panasonic cams are supported now is this one too?

james
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

also it seems its easier to get hold of the BB-HCM381 will this onw work too??

JAmes

http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/ ... cm381.html
cordel

Post by cordel »

I'd be leary of the last one you posted the link to.
Audio Play Method Play with Active X
Input Encoding Method Encoding with Active X
That's for the audio though. It does do mjpeg for video but it may depend on how they serve it.
Web browser Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
With no mention of any other browser so it may require active x :( I hope I'm wrong.
Regards,
Cordel
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Im thinking of borrowing one to see. I have asked the protocols. As the little c10 is upported by zm(i think) i was hoping they were similar. Someone from panasonic is geting back to me. From what i have been told they work the same so heres hoping.
One question though, on my live cd'ed zm i have pelco and visca as protocols no axis panasonic etc.

James
cordel

Post by cordel »

I'm not sure but the Pelco and visca are wired cams, could it be that your looking for the option in the config for a wired cam (not sure if Phil made it that smart but, I would not suprise me if he did :wink: ).
Other wise you may need to either update ZM or you could just down load the source and just upload the profiles for those cameras protocals.
Regards,
Cordel
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

I am your right its a local cam not a remote cam. Damn i will look when i get home tonight

If i need to do this source business ill come back to you as i know i wont b able to do it.

Cheers mate
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I think the Panasonic API documents don't distinguish between the models so I would think the same paths etc as for the other models would work with the 280.

Phil