Docker upgrade

Support for the docker image maintained by dlandon
EK701

Docker upgrade

Post by EK701 »

I’m currently running the 1.32.4 dlandon docker image. What is the proper way to upgrade to the 1.34 docker image without losing my existing configuration and database?

Thanks!
snake

Re: Docker upgrade

Post by snake »

I can't speak for docker w/zm (hopefully someone else will chime in) but you can always backup the db and then go back / restore should something go wrong.

For docker, a quick search online comes up with this command for backing up a mysql db:

Code: Select all

# Backup
docker exec CONTAINER /usr/bin/mysqldump -u root --password=root DATABASE > backup.sql

# Restore
cat backup.sql | docker exec -i CONTAINER /usr/bin/mysql -u root --password=root DATABASE
In ZM, if you have the db, you have the configuration. You may lose events, however.
EK701

Post by EK701 »

Just a follow up that I upgraded my zoneminder docker installation using the typical docker upgrade path (docker stop, rm, run a new instance) without any issues.
warcanoid

Post by warcanoid »

If I can ask here. I have mounted a second internal drive to ZM. Added disk to fstab in host and docker. But on system reboot docker wont auto mount disk(only host do it). How can I make auto mount disk persistent in docker?

EDIT: Have reinstalled Zoneminder with `v "/media/zm":"/mnt/ZM`, and working with path /mnt/ZM
```
sudo docker run -d --name="Zoneminder" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -p 888:80/tcp -p 9001:9001/tcp -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e SHMEM="50%" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e INSTALL_HOOK="1" -e INSTALL_FACE="1" -e INSTALL_TINY_YOLO="1" -e INSTALL_YOLO="1" -v "/mnt/Zoneminder":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/Zoneminder/data":"/var/cache/zoneminder":rw -v "/media/zm":"/mnt/ZM":rw dlandon/zoneminder
```
dlandon

Post by dlandon »

All you have to do is restart the docker and ZM wll be updated. All database files and setup are kept in the /config/ folder. Thus is the nice thing about dockers, your data is not kept in the docker image. You can delete the image and re-install it and your database and settings will be kept.

If you are updating the docker itself, you will have to remove it and re-install the docker.
Minglarn

Post by Minglarn »

So for a noob like me, how would the upgrade process be if I consider upgrading your docker?

//Best regards...
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

If you want to upgrade ZM ,then restart the Docker container.
-
Minglarn

Post by Minglarn »

You mean by doing:

docker rm Zoneminder
and

docker run -d --name="Zoneminder" \
--net="bridge" \
--privileged="true" \
-p 8443:443/tcp \
-p 9001:9001/tcp \
-e TZ="SE/Stockholm" \
-e SHMEM="50%" \
-e PUID="99" \
-e PGID="100" \
-e INSTALL_HOOK="1" \
-e INSTALL_FACE="1" \
-e INSTALL_TINY_YOLOV3="0 \
-e INSTALL_YOLOV3="0" \
-e INSTALL_TINY_YOLOV4="1" \
-e INSTALL_YOLOV4="" \
-e MULTI_PORT_START="0" \
-e MULTI_PORT_END="0" \
-v "/mnt/Zoneminder":"/config":rw \
-v "/mnt/Zoneminder/data":"/var/cache/zoneminder":rw \
dlandon/zoneminder
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Yes, a stop, rm, run should do it. For other images I usually run a pull, but above here you can see the author says restart is enough.
-
Minglarn

Post by Minglarn »

Great.. Just needed to be sure... Did a restart but it did not pull the newest container...
Thanks.