Onvif broken

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
racelife

Onvif broken

Post by racelife »

Ubuntu 18.04 ZM 1.33.14. When adding my cameras via onvif probe It only sees 2 of my cameras which are here at the house but it doesn't see the others at my shed across a wifi bridge. I see them fine in my 1.30.4 instance.

The 2 that it does see I enter my uname and password and click next it just shows a blank screen and I can't go any further. It also starts throwing this error:
***** = user *********** = password

Code: Select all

2019-10-20 15:04:39	web_php		6195	FAT	Unable to probe network cameras, status is '255'. Output was:<br/><br/> <br/><br/> Please the following command from a command line for more information:<br/><br/>/usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl profiles http://192.168.1.210/onvif/device_service 1.2 ***** ***********	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/views/onvifprobe.php	41
When I run the command I get this:

$ <br/><br/>/usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl profiles http://192.168.1.210/onvif/device_service 1.2 ***** ***********
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `<'
Same thing happens when I use onvif 1.1 option. Is there supposed to be something in between the user name and password other than the space?
Mike89

Re: Onvif broken

Post by Mike89 »

Faced the same problem.
ZM detects all (two) installed cameras, but after entering User and Password, blank screen.
On version 1.32.3 everything worked well.
Has anyone else encountered this problem and managed to solve it? :?
P.S. operating system - Debian 10.
racelife

Post by racelife »

I just did an update and now it shows all my cameras but I still get a blank screen where I should be selecting the stream after I input my user and password.

when I take the <br/><br/> off the front of the command I get:

Name "ZoneMinder::ONVIF::verbose" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl line 81.
Insecure dependency in eval while running with -T switch at /usr/share/perl5/SOAP/WSDL/Factory/Transport.pm line 64.
racelife

Post by racelife »

After trying to run some of the zmonvif commands manually it seems to be hanging on probing for profiles. Not sure where to go from here
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Huh.. thought that I had dealt with this... quick fix for now:

in /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl on the first line, remove the T, so change it to

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
racelife

Post by racelife »

iconnor wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:56 am Huh.. thought that I had dealt with this... quick fix for now:

in /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl on the first line, remove the T, so change it to

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
Now the window populates but no profile options appear.
Attachments
Profiles.png
Profiles.png (42.09 KiB) Viewed 8152 times
ris2t

Post by ris2t »

but no profile options appear.
I hit this to, using the self build and master branch.

Trace it for the following mode a line of code that was commented out. Uncomment and you should get the profiles. Although I do wonder if its commented out for a reason and so other in play work/fixes. Worked for me as a temporary measure.

/usr/share/perl5/ONVIF/Client.pm

# use this after set_credentials
sub create_services {
  my ($self) = @_;

#$self->get_service_urls();

racelife

Post by racelife »

ris2t wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:06 am
but no profile options appear.
I hit this to, using the self build and master branch.

Trace it for the following mode a line of code that was commented out. Uncomment and you should get the profiles. Although I do wonder if its commented out for a reason and so other in play work/fixes. Worked for me as a temporary measure.

/usr/share/perl5/ONVIF/Client.pm

# use this after set_credentials
sub create_services {
  my ($self) = @_;

Could you tell me how to Trace it? When I look at /usr/share/perl5/ONVIF/Client.pm mine looks the same as the code you have included. Which do I need to comment out?
ris2t

Post by ris2t »

I mean remove the leading # from this line. i.e. uncomment it rather than have it commented it.

Unfortunately the tracing I did was more a manual process of just walking the code and taking a guess. Although being perl I could add log statements on the fly to help trace with pathways were being executed.