Battery operated Cameras with Solar Charger Backup

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
B_DubbHay

Battery operated Cameras with Solar Charger Backup

Post by B_DubbHay »

Hello I'm looking for some suggestions on a battery operated camera that ZoneMinder users have experience with. I am also looking for instructables or products regarding Solar chargers for such cameras. Thank you.
CountyLine

Re: Battery operated Cameras with Solar Charger Backup

Post by CountyLine »

Try this site.

Note: I have no experience with ReoLink products myself.
snake

Post by snake »

The reolink battery powered cameras were just reported in this thread to not work with 3rd party NVRs (i.e. not Onvif compliant).
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28562
CountyLine

Post by CountyLine »

Yes, but a read of the ReoLink site has general information regarding battery operation of surveillance cameras, which may be of use to the OP.

Almost any decent 12vdc powered IP camera with wireless could be used with battery power as long as the battery and solar panel were properly sized, and the wireless had sufficient range. Range can be boosted tremendously with a high gain antenna.

Another range booster is an integrated wireless client and parabolic antenna. In this case, the camera would not need any wireless capabilities. Look here.