Upgrade and broke API

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
timf

Upgrade and broke API

Post by timf »

Hi guys,
been a while since I've posted but things have been running fine until I took the plunge and upgraded to 1.32.
Here's the thing everything still works fine when I access ZM using ZM ninja via wifi on the LAN side but when I try to access from the WAN side I get a bunch of errors in the ninja log

It says I'm authenticated ok but there's an API error.

I can access the ZM via a browser on the LAN and get all the correct json responses as per the FAQ

Here are a few of my Log errors:
status 3 error the internet connection appears to be offline - how can this be when it says I'm authenticated ?

/api/host/getversion.json? undefined - but when I access from the lan it is defined.

PM debug zmautologin: Inside auth-error broadcast

Any ideas as to what I've screwed up ?

I've tried deleting the app and re-install but just the same. I'm not logged in anywhere else (that I know of).

Regards Tim
asker

Re: Upgrade and broke API

Post by asker »

If I understand you correctly, your ZM APIs are working in LAN but not in WAN.
If so, this is an API Configuration issue and you might get better answers if you posted in the ZM <version> forum where <version> is your ZM version.
Removing/reinstalling zmNinja won't help if its an API issue.

Please post full details when you post there (including ZM version, how you installed, how you upgraded etc)
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
timf

Re: Upgrade and broke API

Post by timf »

correct - all works great on LAN but not when external on WAN.

I'll do as you suggest - thanks.