Arlo 2 And ZoneMinder

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
dabeast1973

Arlo 2 And ZoneMinder

Post by dabeast1973 »

I am currently running ZM 1.32.4 which appears to be rock steady with 8 analog on each system. The owner decided that he liked the Netgear Arlo 2, 5 camera system and had me install it. Now he has to look at two separate systems for all of his cameras (ZM and arlo.netgear.com). Has anyone ever successfully added Arlo 2 cameras to ZM? Thank you in advanced.
iconnor

Re: Arlo 2 And ZoneMinder

Post by iconnor »

Some quick googling tells me that they use an encrypted stream to netgear. No possibility for use with ZM.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

The manual suggests that they're ONVIF-compatible...

Add Your Camera to an ONVIF-Compliant VMS

Note: We recommend that the camera and the VMS hardware are on the same LAN and subnet.
1. Log in to the base station. The base station web page displays.
2. Tap or click the gear icon near the camera.
3. Note the IP address next to Network.
4. Open your VMS software.
5. Follow the instructions provided by your VMS vendor to discover an ONVIF camera. If the automatic discovery process does not work, you might need this information to manually add the camera to your VMS:
• IP address found in Step 3
• Port HTTP: 80, RTSP:554
• The camera’s login credentials - The camera user name is admin and the default password is password. (The camera password might be different from the base station’s admin password.)
6. Select ONVIF or Generic ONVIF as the device type.
7. For best performance, select h.264 for video.
After you add the camera to the VMS, you can select one of three default streaming profiles or create your own custom profile.
8. Adjust the bitrate as needed for your network environment. Reduce the bitrate in environments with high 2.4 Ghz interference or if the camera must be placed far away from the nearest base station.
9. Select no more than 24 frames per second as the frame rate.
Manchot

Post by Manchot »

Thanks a lot guys, you helped me understand something about camera systems.