RTSP not working after upgrade to 1.32.3

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
nmsr

RTSP not working after upgrade to 1.32.3

Post by nmsr »

Hi,

After the zoneminder upgrade from 1.32.2 to 1.32.3, the 2 cameras that I have configured with RTSP stopped working. There are some messages in the log:

zmc_m10[29672]: INF [zmc_m10] [Starting Capture version 1.32.3]
zmc_m10[29672]: ERR [zmc_m10] [Unexpected response code 406, text is 'Not Acceptable']
zmc_m10[29672]: FAT [zmc_m10] [No RTSP sources]

When I open the stream link with vlc it works, so I don't understand why zoneminder says no sources.

Any tip?

Thanks.
raymondpapaux

Re: RTSP not working after upgrade to 1.32.3

Post by raymondpapaux »

Hello,

I have a similar issue with ONVIF camera.
[Unexpected response code 400, text is 'Bad Request']
[no RTSP source]

see: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28004

It looks like RTSP protocol is skrewed up in 1.32.3

Ray
nmsr

Post by nmsr »

Yeah... it seems so :\

Didn't you find a solution yet?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

The code changes between 1.32.2 and 1.32.3 are pretty trivial. I can't imagine how it would have affected this.

That being said, we don't really intend to develop that code much more.

Please try the ffmpeg input type.

In the meantime, I'll do some testing of my own.
rommel74

Post by rommel74 »

I have the same issue.

The "Remote" source type worked fine previously (in release 1.30) for my Reolink RLC-410 camera but after the update to 1.32.3 it stopped working with similar error as the OP. It seems to me that possibly the settings configured for the RTSP source are not parsed correctly by ZoneMinder and it is unable to load the stream.

Note that I tried the FFMPG source type with which I'm able to get a video stream from the camera but it is unusable as the image is regularly corrupted and smudged which results in false alarms all the time. No amount of tweaking on the camera side or ZoneMinder has resulted in any improvement. I've tried reducing frame rate, changed encoding method, resolution, bitrate etc but the corrupted stream persists. LIBVLC does not work at all. This is a fairly new camera with decent specs so I would hate to replace it.

I've since rolled back to 1.30 (vmware snapshot came in handy) and everything works fine again. Seems to me that something has changed in the code with the "Remote" source type.

As I've rolled back my install I don't have any logs available but have saved a VMware snapshot so I can roll forward and do any testing if required, including provide detailed logs.
suicidaltissue

Post by suicidaltissue »

Also completely broken for me using RCL-410 cameras and using ffmpeg introduces high CPU usage, smearing and delays in ZM receiving frames - rolling back :/
NginUS

Post by NginUS »

I'm installing ZM for the first time using this 1.32.3 version since its what's current right now.

I, too am unable to get the rtsp stream to display. The camera has 2 streams, & I'm using the same URLs that work elsewhere.

In Xeoma, they're properly autodetected & display fine. The same URLs display correctly when I enter them manually into VLC.

My OS is Linux Mint 18.3 (Xenial)
Zoneminder version 1.32.3-xenial

The camera is a KKMoon TP-C517BT which isn't listed on either of the ispyconnect.com or wiki.zoneminder.com HCLs. Not sure if that's a thing- I'm under the impression rtsp is rtsp wherever.
suicidaltissue

Post by suicidaltissue »

snake wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:58 am The Reolink thread is here:
http://forums.zoneminder.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25874
This works, however the recommended solution of using rtmp while traversing the net (ZM is on an colo'd dedi) results in the stream being over a minute behind realtime and consistently growing, seems like it waits for frames rather than dropping to keep a live stream?

I've been using ZM for countless years without ever needing this forum, but unfortunately this is the release that has made it unusable :(
NginUS

Post by NginUS »

suicidaltissue wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:05 pm
snake wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:58 am The Reolink thread is here:
http://forums.zoneminder.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25874
This works
Reconfiguring mine as per the aforementioned method doesn't help in my case. Also, when attempting to use ZM's 'Probe' function returns 'No Detected Cameras'.
nmsr

Post by nmsr »

I wish I had a snapshot too... my cam is a INSTAR IN-5907HD and the other sources have poor quality :\