Zones and PTZ

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
mfitch

Zones and PTZ

Post by mfitch »

Can anyone explain to me how moving the camera view around with PTZ works when creating Zones? I want to enable the blob overlays when motion is detected, but my guess is that it may not work right if the camera moves around. Thanks!
rockedge

Re: Zones and PTZ

Post by rockedge »

the motion detection with zones will always trigger an event when the camera moves....but if you only move the camera at scheduled times one could instruct ZM (CRON job perhaps) to turn off motion detection..then move the camera and then turn on the motion detection again. Also on could set up different monitors for the same camera with each monitor set up having the zones set up for that position then using "Run States" tell ZM which run state to go into where you could have the desired monitor setup active or not.

or something like that....
mfitch

Post by mfitch »

Thanks for the ideas rockedge! Good to know I wasn't off base about the camera movement. It would be an awesome feature to be able to automatically disable motion detection during a camera control event, and maybe automatically re-enabling once the camera is returned to a preset or something. Also would be cool if you could define different zones specifically for presets, I guess for cameras that support presets.

I think I'm going to try your suggestion and use run states. I completely missed that feature! I suppose I can manually change the run state to not do motion detection, then move the camera (or define and use a position preset), then turn motion detection back on. Thanks again.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I like that idea of having ZM temporarily suspend motion detection if the PTZ controls are used to move the camera or switch from infra red night vision to normal.
jamesmcbride

Post by jamesmcbride »

You could setup different zones for different presets then enable the zone relevant to the preset after the preset is called.

I currently do something similar to this when switching between day and night.

At night car headlights trigger motion events on the "entrance" part of my driveway when a car goes past. This isn't an issue during the day time and I'd rather be capturing events in that area. So my home automation system (openhab) turns on and off various zones depending on if its day / night and also if we are home or not, like this:

Code: Select all

Switch DriveEntranceMotionActive "Drive Entrance Motion Detection"  {http=">[ON:POST:http://192.168.180.11/zm/index.php:action=zone&mid=5&zid=17&newZone[Type]=Active] >[OFF:POST:http://192.168.180.11/zm/index.php:action=zone&mid=5&zid=17&newZone[Type]=Inactive]"}