Strange network camera issue

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
iitywygms

Strange network camera issue

Post by iitywygms »

18.04 Ubuntu. Latest updates.
Generic ip camera.

Not necessarily a zoneminder issue? But this is where I see it.

In a nut shell.

If I view the live camera image when my computer is using wired internet, the camera image blanks out for a second then reappears, constantly never ending cycle.
If I disconnect the wired internet and just use wireless, everything is fine.

I have the ip camera hooked up directly to my router directly. The zoneminder server is also directly wired to the router.
And so is the computer having this issue. All 3 devices to the same router.

Does not matter if I use windows or linux. Explorer, chrome or firefox. All behave the same way. Wired connection I get errors. Wireless everything is great.

Using any other method to access zoneminder from outside my home network is not a problem. Using any other computer inside my home network is not a issue either. Everything works as expected.

Can anyone offer a clue as to why the following errors happen ONLY when connected via wired internet on this one particular computer?

2019-01-30 19:19:49 web_php 6818 ERR Socket /var/run/zm/zms-765363s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 2048

2019-01-30 19:19:49 web_js 6818 ERR getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-765363s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=watch
iitywygms

Re: Strange network camera issue

Post by iitywygms »

Anyone have a suggestion to try?