Dedicated drive issue - Ubuntu 18.04

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
ScottBouch

Dedicated drive issue - Ubuntu 18.04

Post by ScottBouch »

Hi all,

I recently rebuilt my server with Ubuntu 18.04.

I have mounted a dedicated hard drive to /mnt/CCTV using fstab by the drive UUID.

I read and tried to follow these instructions on telling Zoneminder how to find the drive: https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/la ... drive.html

When trying to set the permissions, I found that I don't have a user or group called "apache" so instead (hoping for the best, and after a bit of internet searching) carried out:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /mnt/CCTV/events

I then created /etc/zm/drives.conf containing the line: ZM_DIR_EVENTS=/mnt/CCTV/events

After restarting zonmeminder with systemctl, it is not saving to this new directory.

Any ideas please?

Cheers, Scott.
bbunge

Re: Dedicated drive issue - Ubuntu 18.04

Post by bbunge »

Better to use the systemd mount procedure. See the wiki for the how to.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

My situation is similar but not exactly the same (I'm simply using a directory under /home rather than a dedicated disk, and I'm moving the entire /var/lib/zoneminder directory) and I found that I also had to change the Default Storage Path at Options -> Storage in the ZoneMinder console.

I also had success using mount --bind /my/new/data/dir /var/lib/zoneminder and not changing the ZoneMinder paths at all. (In fstab it's /my/new/data/dir /var/lib/zoneminder auto bind,defaults 0 0)
ScottBouch

Post by ScottBouch »

Thanks,

This is now fixed using the systemd method, which was surprisingly straightforward.

Thanks, Scott.