Configured for X Bandwidth

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
MKEbrew

Configured for X Bandwidth

Post by MKEbrew »

Right now I'm "Configured for low Bandwidth." I can't figure out how or where I can set it for higher bandwidth as I'm accessing everything over the LAN.

Thanks.
DudeBud

Re: Configured for X Bandwidth

Post by DudeBud »

Pretty sure that in the options you can configure your bandwidth environments from the tabs (High B/W, Medium B/W, Low B/W), and select your environment from the main console by clicking the setting "Configured for XXX Bandwidth" and where the X's are your desired bandwidth profile.
MKEbrew

Post by MKEbrew »

Thank you! I SWORE I tried to click on that but it wasn't clickable! It worked, thanks!
lpallard

Post by lpallard »

reviving an older thread for a few moments...

How can you configure zoneminder to ALWAYS default to High bandwidth? Every time I access it, I have to switch the profile to high manually with the dropdown menu on the main page, otherwise my monitors or playback streams are all choppy.

I dont see the day I will be accessing this over the internet and my local LAN is more than gigabit so why restrain the experience with a bandwidth limitation.

Anybody knows ?
Thanks!
winne0345

Post by winne0345 »

lpallard wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:22 pm How can you configure zoneminder to ALWAYS default to High bandwidth? Every time I access it, I have to switch the profile to high manually with the dropdown menu on the main page, otherwise my monitors or playback streams are all choppy.
I have version 1.30.4 and the same problem. Is now a solution available?
MKEbrew

Post by MKEbrew »

If you go to options and set the low bandwidth settings to the same as the high bandwidth settings, this would essentially do it. I don't see where the setting can be defaulted.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

IN 1.32 there is a setting for default bandwidth level.
jwarfin

Post by jwarfin »

winne0345 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 am I have version 1.30.4 and the same problem. Is now a solution available?
I run 1.30.4 (Linux).

Console bandwidth default can be set per user account. Go into "Options", click on "Users". The "Bandwidth" default setting is the second to the last. Just click on the associated dropdown & select what you want as the default. Then save. You probably have to log out and back in for it to take effect. Anyway, this works for me.

BTW: this is probably the best way to handle bandwidth defaults if you support multiple remote users in multiple locations.

Edit: Sorry, that last sentence wasn't clear. To clarify: Setting the bandwidth default per user account is probably the best method if you support multiple ZM user accounts that access the ZM server from different remote locations. That's because some remote users may need lower bandwidth (due to a slower remote network path) while other remote users may have a faster network path that can handle higher bandwidth.