[SOLVED] Can't delete events using the events view

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
ntq

[SOLVED] Can't delete events using the events view

Post by ntq »

Hi.

I am using Zoneminder v1.31.47. I don't know exactly what the first version was I installed but there were multiple updates in the past few months. I used this ppa to install Zoneminder on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and I migrated to Ubuntu 18.04 (bionic) a few weeks ago: https://launchpad.net/~iconnor/+archive ... orageareas

When trying to delete multiple events in the event list nothing happens and I also get no errors. It asks for confirmation, I click yes and all selected events still exist and are accessible.
When I open a single event and press the delete button it works without problems. Now I don't want to open every single event and press the delete button a thousand times. I want to be able to delete the selected events all at once.

If I try to export the log I get this error: "TypeError: $(...).overlayShow is not a function"
I can not see any line in the logs with a timestamp that matches a delete operation I tried.
But every 10 minutes there is this error: "'zmtelemetry.pl' exited abnormally, exit status 9"

Do you have any suggestions how to debug and solve that issue?
Last edited by ntq on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eradicator

Re: Can't delete events using the events view

Post by Eradicator »

Has same error on clean install. Ubuntu Server 18.04.
ntq

Post by ntq »

I am not sure if you need additional information or if I missed some of the forum rules. But because a fresh install has the same symptoms like Eradicator said I hope the issue can be found fast. At the moment my cat is really filling up my event list. :lol:
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Set up a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04-5 with ZM 1.31.47. Two cameras, one IP one local. Ran up a bunch of events over the afternoon and just deleted them. Events removed from Database and from /var/cache/zoneminder/events which is the default storage location.
I used the install procedure from the WIKI: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way

except I did not make the modification to the my.cnf, just used defaults to see if it works and it seems to be OK.
Used the: add-apt-repository ppa:iconnor/zoneminder-master

If you have OPT_FAST_DELETE checked the database records will be deleted and the events files deleted later.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I fixed the problem today and pushed new packages.
Eradicator

Post by Eradicator »

iconnor wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:30 am I fixed the problem today and pushed new packages.
Fixed. Thank you!
ntq

Post by ntq »

iconnor wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:30 amI fixed the problem today and pushed new packages.
Nice! It's working. Thank you!

Do you have a link to the commit which solves the issue? I am just curious.