event email notification for alarms

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
mlaustin66

event email notification for alarms

Post by mlaustin66 »

Hi All,

I'm new to Zoneminder. I'm running it in a docker on unraid, and I have email successfully setup (forced and alarm and had it emailed to me). My understanding is that you need to setup events through filters for email notification of an alarm being triggered. What are the specific parameters to use in the various settings? I can't find anything specific on this. I want to be able to get an email when a zone alarm goes off, pretty simple.

Also, I'm guessing when you click the execute button the filter is active. But how do you see a list of filters running in case you wanted to cancel one? I read about zmfilter.pl keeping the list, but how do you invoke it to see what is there?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
snake

Re: event email notification for alarms

Post by snake »

mlaustin66 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 2:56 am What are the specific parameters to use in the various settings? I can't find anything specific on this. I want to be able to get an email when a zone alarm goes off, pretty simple.
See: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/SMS_Notifications
That should get you started.
mlaustin66 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 2:56 am Also, I'm guessing when you click the execute button the filter is active. But how do you see a list of filters running in case you wanted to cancel one?
Filters have an asterisk after them in the drop down if they are running in the background 24/7.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

lower left on the Filter management page select :

Code: Select all

Run filter in background
this will run that filter continuously in the background... Execute is the manual way to run the filter and Submit will run the filter but NOT execute the action selected.
mlaustin66

Post by mlaustin66 »

Ok thanks for everyone's help. So I am able to see how to create a filter, and save and run it in the background. But I'm having trouble with notifications. If I pull up the event list and click on show event filter from the top, I can execute the email to me. But on actual events, I am not getting email. Mine is setup as you see in the attachment. Is there something wrong with this setup to trigger and email upon the monitored area being triggered?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 10.00.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 10.00.20 PM.png (139 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

What do your logs say? (filter the logs using ""zmfilter") Hard to tell if it's the e-mail mechanics or your filter's logic.

The filter logic seems to have some issues. It is a bit narrow in scope in that it's only accepting a match of only a single alarmed frame. Perhaps make this "greater than or equal to" would help. Also, the Date/Time match is likely NOT going to work as the filter's run time is going to lag the event's trigger time: I use "greater than or equal to" "5 minutes ago" to manage any lagging (others can mess around to see what works best).
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I use this as a simple email filter ->
ZM-Screenshot-1-900px.png
ZM-Screenshot-1-900px.png (62.66 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
mlaustin66

Post by mlaustin66 »

Thanks all. This setup seems to work. I thought I was saving the filer with the correct settings, but I guess not. This setup seems to work.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 9.24.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 9.24.50 PM.png (161.4 KiB) Viewed 4153 times