Zoneminder still tries to access disabled camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
jsylvia007

Zoneminder still tries to access disabled camera

Post by jsylvia007 »

Hey all!

So, I have a camera that has failed and I plan to replace it. I've set its function to "None" and disabled the camera, however, ZoneMinder still tries to connect to the camera which is filling the logs with errors...

Is this a bug or am I missing something. I don't want to delete the camera because I plan on replacing it and I don't want to lose the footage.

Thanks!
SkippyDo

Re: Zoneminder still tries to access disabled camera

Post by SkippyDo »

How are you making this settings change, and are you saving the change?

What is listed when you bring up the Function window?

Not sure if it's possible or not, but perhaps check for multiple process.
jsylvia007

Post by jsylvia007 »

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, Everything indicates that it's disabled. I ended up deleting the monitor.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

As long as you set the function to none, uncheck "enabled", and click save, then under normal circumstances all the zm* processes associated with the camera will go away.

If however, there are crashed processes, the possibility does exist they might not close properly under abnormal conditions. Completely restarting zoneminder would resolve an abnormal situation like that.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
jsylvia007

Post by jsylvia007 »

knnniggett wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:47 am As long as you set the function to none, uncheck "enabled", and click save, then under normal circumstances all the zm* processes associated with the camera will go away.

If however, there are crashed processes, the possibility does exist they might not close properly under abnormal conditions. Completely restarting zoneminder would resolve an abnormal situation like that.
I tried that too. I even rebooted the server. I'm thinking that maybe my installation is maybe corrupted.