zmNinja "Invalid API/API access failed."

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
foxtrot1014

zmNinja "Invalid API/API access failed."

Post by foxtrot1014 »

Everything else about my ZM setup seems to be running okish save for some weird errors in log which I've posted about.
Unfortunately, I can't get zmNinja to connect. I installed zm 1.30.4 using the provided instructions on a fresh installation of ubuntu server 17.10, have OPT_USE_API, OPT_USE_AUTH, no luck. I tried enabling AUTH_HASH_LOGINS and have a unique key, still nothing.
I also followed the link from the zmNinja app which takes you to a github article "Validating if APIs work on ZM" which just confirms that, no, my APIs aren't working, but doesn't give any instruction on how to solve the problem.
When I try to navigate to any of the pages like http://10.0.0.5/zm/api/host/getVersion.json, I get HTTP error 500.
The only other forum posts I found either don't apply or ended in re install from scratch, but I hate to do this especially because I'm confident I followed the instructions to a T the first time.

What's wrong and how can I fix it, or do I need to try starting over?
asker

Re: zmNinja "Invalid API/API access failed."

Post by asker »

Your original post was moved to ZM forums (as it is not a mobile app issue)
Please see and follow up there viewtopic.php?f=37&t=26769
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs