Clone zones to new monitor

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
montagdude

Clone zones to new monitor

Post by montagdude »

I'm new to ZoneMinder, having started with it about a week ago. I'm in the process of setting up my system and have found that I need more sensitive zone settings at night for the one monitor I have so far. To switch settings for day and night, I have cloned the monitor and set up run states appropriately. However, cloning the monitor only clones the configuration, but not the zones.

Is there a way to clone a monitor including the zones? I don't mind copying them manually and then adjusting the sensitivities, but it would be nice if there were an automatic way to do it, especially since I may eventually end up needing to do it for several cameras.

If the info helps any, I am using ZoneMinder 1.30.4 on Slackware. Thanks for any suggestions!
montagdude

Re: Clone zones to new monitor

Post by montagdude »

Another thing that I just found out: if I attempt to create zones by entering in values for the points instead of dragging them with the mouse, the areas (listed next to each zone at the bottom when you click on the "zones" link for a monitor) end up all wrong. If you try to enter all the values in the boxes and not drag any of the points with the mouse, the area ends up listed as 100%. If you drag the points and then edit the boxes later, the area change is not updated. I don't know if this affects only the reporting of the area or also triggering of events.
ebeng

Re: Clone zones to new monitor

Post by ebeng »