Protocols / Ports

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
frustrated

Protocols / Ports

Post by frustrated »

Hello...

I just finished installing Zoneminder 1.30.4 on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS server with no issues. I'm using Sharx wireless webcams. I've added the webcams to Zoneminder with no issues. Zoneminder is working and recording.

My LAN is 192.168.1/24 and my wireless LAN is 192.168.2/24. My Zoneminder server is sitting on my wireless network as is my webcams. I would like to use a computer on my LAN (.1/24) to view the Zoneminder console, cams and recordings on my wireless LAN (.2/24). I'll have to create a rule to be able to do this in my router. Would anyone happen to know what protocols and or ports that I need to pass in my router by chance? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
iconnor

Re: Protocols / Ports

Post by iconnor »

If not using https, then ZM works on port 80. If using https, then port 443 as well.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Plug your server into your wired LAN is the easiest way. Yes you can have more than one LAN connection to your server. One of my servers has two wired LAN connections with cameras on both networks and users can view events/streams from either network.
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

iconnor...I created a rule for port 80 and it worked. Thank you.

bbunge...i thought of that but too many cords :) Thanks for the response though.
jerrynavarete

Post by jerrynavarete »

Hello Frustrated,

I think the most easiest way is to plug in your wired LAN to your wireless router and then you can freely configure your wireless router.