zms rotate patch

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
acrid

zms rotate patch

Post by acrid »

i needed to rotate the zms streaming image, because my mobile has a resolution of 240x320 and i want to have it fullscreen :)
(see http://support.yoics.com/viewtopic.php?t=22)
so i added another parameter to zms and used phils rotate function. no big thing, but might be useful.

the patch for 1.22.3 is available at:
http://www.liquid-co.de/pub/zm/patch/zms_rotate.patch

cheers,
tim

Code: Select all

$> man woman
$> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
MJN

Post by MJN »

I like the sound of this as I too occasionally access ZM via my PDA. Currently I'm rotating the screen every time but to not have to would obviously be a bonus.

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to patching so could you briefly summarise what I have to do to implement this? Also, can you confirm it only changes things when connecting via the PDA/mobile and not in 'normal' use? (I currently use the format=xhtml URL suffix when using the PDA if that's relevent)

Mathew
acrid

Post by acrid »

with the patch you are able to rotate a picture just for a single stream, and only the stream (not the webinterface picture, not the camera input).
e.g. you have

http://localhost/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&monitor=1&scale=50&maxfps=5&user=foo&pass=bar&rotate=90
(note the rotate option!)

which will result in a 90° rotated multipart jpeg stream. as is said, i use it with a small java application, which just pulls and displays the image. i avoid to rotate the image on the "thin-client".

if you want to give it a shot, you need to download the patch into the source directory where you are building zm from. then run

patch -p1 < zms_rotate.patch 
and configure, make.... as usual

maybe it would be useful to get access to the rotated image via the webinterface (i.e. for PDA users). could be a flag for each user: "degrees to rotate streams"

$> man woman
MJN

Post by MJN »

Okay, I see. Thanks for the clarification. All I really need is a quick way to see a snapshot of the current camera view on my PDA so this will be ideal.

Will give it a try!

Mathew
acrid

no rotations needed?

Post by acrid »

is there a reason why this mini-feature didn't make its way into the code? i always have to force monex to patch it into the suse RPMs :lol:

my PDA cant rotate its screen. so if i use the PPC-Viewer - without rotating the picture - i have several black areas.

$> man woman
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

1.23.3 came out in a bit of a hurry. I will have another look at this patch and if it presents no problems add it for the next release.
Phil
acrid

update needed

Post by acrid »

The patch won't work on 1.23.2
I need to make an update... Don't call use - we call you :)

$> man woman
acrid

New patch for 1.23.3

Post by acrid »

$> man woman