Android Application

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
digitalm

Android Application

Post by digitalm »

Hi,

I have created an Android application (working on 1.6+) which I currently use to monitor a number of cameras (live streaming or snapshots if on a slow connection) and also control X10 devices (using http://www.heyu.org/ installed on my ZoneMinder server)

At the moment its fully working but quite specific to my own setup, so I wanted to see how much interest there would be if I created a generic ZoneMinder/X10 control application.

I can post some screenshots of the current application if anyones interested.

thanks
Toby
Voltage54

Post by Voltage54 »

:O although I don't have any PTZ cameras I do have many users with Android phones that would love a look in. Presently the default android browser doesn't work too well with the zoneminder website :(

I'd love to see any sort of feature like this!
digitalm

Post by digitalm »

Cool, not looked at PTZ anyway as I don't have any PTZ cameras!

Ill try and post something in a few weeks, here's a couple of screenshots of its current state (I replaced the camera view with a sample image - for my privacy!)

cheers
ddalton

Android App

Post by ddalton »

I would be very interested in an android app that let you choose multiple servers and the cameras associated
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I would also be very interested in an Android app that would let me view ZM streams. PM me if you need help testing.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Yep android app would be super cool i would pay for it too
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

Very impressive, have to toss on my G1 and check it out. Would love to roll whatever patches into my zoneminder install dvd required for such a setup.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I would love to get the source :D
viciguy

Any updates on Droid App?

Post by viciguy »

Hey Checking with you on the droid application to see if you have made any updates.

I would be willing to help finish up the coding on it.
Viciguy
<a>323help.com</a>
mljenkins

Post by mljenkins »

I am also interested. I use heyu also on my zoneminder server for lighting control.
digitalm

Post by digitalm »

Hi all,

Had not had any notifications back from the forum that there were new posts which was strange, but as I see there's quite a lot of interest I will get on with it and get something so you guys can test it.

@newvisionantenna: at the moment it runs without any modifications on the ZoneMinder server (I'm running v1.24.2)

@ddalton: Good point I think multi server setup will be useful. I am going to try and make it auto-detect the available cameras on the server so you won't need to configure it.

Will try and get something testable for the next week or so.

cheers!
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

Awesome, looking forward to it.
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

Thanks, I'll have to try it out on my G1 and login into my dvd test install. I wish you the best of luck and I'm confident you could turn it into a good marketplace add, maybe a free and paid version?

Hopefully it will work on my G1 since I have it running android 2.2. From the factory it should have only went to 1.5 I believe, but with cyanogen it's possible to update further.
digitalm

Post by digitalm »

Just a small update, I have got auto-detection of monitors working quite well which I'm just testing at the moment. Still got quite a bit more to do on the configuration but should hopefully have a beta for you guys to test soon...

cheers
timgman

That's amazingly good news...thanks for your dedication..

Post by timgman »

That's amazingly good news...thanks for your dedication..
let us know.