New versions of ZoneMinder - CVS store somewhere?

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
conor

New versions of ZoneMinder - CVS store somewhere?

Post by conor »

Hi Philip, Cordel et al,

I don't see a clear development process for ZoneMinder. Is there a CVS store for it somewhere in existance?

I ask because it has been a while since the last version of zm and as a programmer having CVS would help me contribute to this excellent application.

I'm on the Video4linux mailing list and there is a lot going on at the moment including a move of the bttv driver to use V4L2 compatibility layer for the V4L1 calls. It could therefore be of a performance advantage to get zm to start using V4L2 calls. I'm hoping to check this out when I have the time but I want to work from the latest code.

Conor Downey
cordel

Post by cordel »

Not currently :cry: I have started putting together an svn to try out and Phil does have an account on sourceforge for ZM but alas there is no cvs / svn at the moment.
Regards,
Cordel
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I do have a local CVS server but it's in such a complicated state with branches off branches for features and enhancements etc that I would be embarrassed to open it up as it stands. I have a release pretty much finished and ready to go except for documentation but I do keep succumbing to the temptation to put extra little featurettes in when people suggest them

Phl
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Good idea - I will be able to contribute as well, when the CVS will be open.
conor

Post by conor »

Phil,

Now that version 1.21.4 has been released (great new features, but yet to try) now would be a good time to add it to CVS at sourceforge. It could be put under top level directory with the name of zm say to allow other contributions such as James Windows viewer to also be stored in the CVS say.

You should then have people contributing to features at Sourceforge adn keeping the momentum of ZM testing going between releases. I'm keen to get started on a local viewer for ZM (using DirectFB).

Regards,

Conor
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Possibly. I will have to look to see how easy it is to import a couple dozen branches (and branches on branches) of imcomplete features. Otherwise everything is just going to get completely out of step. Also I'm not always online when I do development so I will have to check how checking in changes etc will work with no connection to SF.

Phil