Restrict user access to only local network devices

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
tabai

Restrict user access to only local network devices

Post by tabai »

Hi all

I like restric access to zm to a specific user if he is in the local networl of the zone minder server, i can't see any option for thar. It's possible or could be a good feature to add.

This is if i had an employment that need acces to get record and see the live images, but only form work, and he can see the port used externally.

Thanks
snake

Re: Restrict user access to only local network devices

Post by snake »

Apache can block based on IP address. Try that, and only allow certain IPs.

Most employees don't understand how to access servers from the internet via ip address and port, so they probably wouldn't know to look for ZM on the WAN. Alternatively, you could route all WAN from the ZM server through a VPN to your remote machines.

All that said, ZM shouldn't be sitting on the WAN. It's a security risk. You should have some kind of IP filtering or VPN in addition to the apache auth.

I'm not sure if ZM is the best place for this. It seems like something for apache or the firewall.