Cloud service integration

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
espressobeanies

Cloud service integration

Post by espressobeanies »

Good morning,

This may have been discussed numerous times before, so much that I might be beating a dead horse, but ZoneMinder cloud service integration. What's the status? Can we have it? I really need it. I believe it will aid and assist in identifying criminals involving arson, untimely death, or any situation where criminals say "Gee. Why this house hav many ******* camera?", get smart, go on rampage, trash every computer, and/or run off with all the HDDs if they don't decide to burn the place down. Dropbox linked to Facebook containing ZoneMinder footage will really help make the world a safer place.

Cool. If you need devs, I know bash, a tiny bit of python, and some HTML.

Once again, thanks for starting/continuing this project and giving me an alternative to Xeoma.

Have good day
alabamatoy

Re: Cloud service integration

Post by alabamatoy »

It should not be difficult to write a synch script to upload images to some cloud storage location, assuming it can be accessed via SFTP. But you need to understand that one of the reason I went with ZM in the first place was because I want no part of any cloud hosting or service. I suspect others are the same way.

There are lots of DVRs with cloud capability, but they are $$$.
SlowScan

Post by SlowScan »

I wrote a couple of Python scripts that copy ZM event JPEGs to a NAS folder that is synced to a cloud storage provider. All automatic, including removal of deleted event JPEGs from the cloud site. Bottom line, somebody violates one of my monitored zones and the photos are stored on servers located on another continent, usually staring within seconds of the violation.

I'm not sure if this is exactly the sort of thing you are looking for, but it works well for me. I can provide more details if anyone wants them.

I am not a programmer or computer professional, BTW.
bkjaya1952

Post by bkjaya1952 »