Chromecast support ;) Just hear me out.

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
brownd7380

Chromecast support ;) Just hear me out.

Post by brownd7380 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:58 am

Casting the screen from a android that's on the video recorder to a chromecast gives a great, low latency, high quality stream. It acts like a IP cam, but the video quality and latency is fantastic. There is also a app that casts the camera to Chromecast. If zoneminder could receive the Chromecast stream, I think its mp4, the crappy IP camera apps could be replaced by this superior can stream. Allowing for ultra high quality streams at very low prices. Your thoughts?

StephenShort

Re: Chromecast support ;) Just hear me out.

Post by StephenShort » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:14 pm

I often use chromecast to watch movies and TV shows. You're right, the quality and latency are fantastic! I believe that this innovative development will be useful to almost everyone. I like to try different novelties, and recently I found https://xtrium.com/virgin-multi-room/ where I tried a lot of useful novelties for myself.I especially liked the function of simultaneous broadcasting of TV channels on two or more TVs. My wife watches her favorite TV show all the time, and I want to watch a football game. I think you understand that this is a useful feature for me, because now each of us can watch what we want at the same time. I'll text you if I try something new.