Ability to switch between Stills and Stream mode

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
MJN

Ability to switch between Stills and Stream mode

Post by MJN »

A feature I miss from previous versions of ZM is the ability to manually, and quickly, switch between Stills and Stream viewing modes when watching a monitor.

Often the browser capabilities auto-detection mechanism is failing me and I am faced with a blank screen because ZM thinks the browser should be able to stream (whether that be natively or with Camobozola) but in actual fact it can't. This inability to stream may well be a problem/restriction of the browser (e.g. the locked down one I use at work) rather that ZM necessarilly getting it wrong but regardless of where the cause of the problem lies the end result is that I cannot view the monitors without going into the Options page and temporarily disabling the auto-detection function. This is an undesirable workaround given I have to remember to set it back so that it can automatically cater for other browsers I may subsequently use.

Also, the ability to manually select the viewing mode on a whim can also be convenient when connecting over limited/unstable bandwidth.

Any chance this feature, with the Stills/Stream link next to the camera image, could be brought back in?

Regards,

Mathew
kingofkya

Re: Ability to switch between Stills and Stream mode

Post by kingofkya »

Or better yet Jpeg / MJpeg / MPEG
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

The "Stills" and "Stream" toggle is still there and working for me. I'm using ZM 1.25 from SVN. This only exists for events though, and never existed for watching a monitor as far as i remember.

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
MJN

Post by MJN »

Yes, it was on the monitor view (I've still got an old version running for this sole reason unfortunately).

Mathew