A tool for deleting and remaking all videos

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.

Do you think "delete all video files" feature would be useful?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

ekiboy69

A tool for deleting and remaking all videos

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hi,

I suggest the following tool: delete all generated videos. The functionality should delete both the video file and the information about the existing video from the database.

The motivation: it is quite easy to end up into a situation where the videos should be in a certain format and/or quality when delivered to an external organization. There are a few settings that work OK with Linux but usually do not work for Windows users and it is easy to make errors with these settings.

In my case I was not satisfied with the ffmpeg settings i first used and I need to create the videos again. It would be absolutely fantastic to be able to search and delete all created video files.
coke

Post by coke »

This should do the trick. I haven't actually tried to use zmaudit to delete references to a movie that's been deleted, but I imagine it does.

Code: Select all

find ./ -name "*.mpg" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo zmaudit.pl
coke

Post by coke »

coke wrote:This should do the trick. I haven't actually tried to use zmaudit to delete references to a movie that's been deleted, but I imagine it does. Obviously change your path to the relevant directory, and *.mpg to *.whateveryouused.

Code: Select all

find ./ -name "*.mpg" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo zmaudit.pl
robi

Post by robi »

It would be nice indeed to have a filter in the GUI for this.
Maybe combined with an option to create a single video out of multiple consecutive events.
v1.25.0 + Ubuntu Linux 12.04 Server