3GPP / H.264 / others

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
littlearnold

3GPP / H.264 / others

Post by littlearnold »

1. Is there an ETA on when 3GPP will be released?

2. Is there an ETA on H.264

3. Is there an ETA on a feature that allows to export video, but block audio?

4. Can ZM record voice and audio?
cordel

Re: 3GPP / H.264 / others

Post by cordel »

littlearnold wrote:1. Is there an ETA on when 3GPP will be released?
ffmpeg can already stream 3gp and noted in the documentation.
littlearnold wrote: 2. Is there an ETA on H.264
It's fiddly but same as above.
littlearnold wrote: 3. Is there an ETA on a feature that allows to export video, but block audio?
RTFM, Yes it does so, but no audio as ZM does not do audio.

littlearnold wrote: 4. Can ZM record voice and audio?
No it can not.
littlearnold

Post by littlearnold »

Is there an ETA or road map to record audio with video? As well option to export with or without audio?
cordel

Post by cordel »

No there is not.
littlearnold

Post by littlearnold »

how much of a donation do you need to implement

- "True" H.264? Because it has better quality/sharpness then ffmpeg

- Record with Audio?

- Export video without audio?

Total Donation and ETA? Be gentle as the economy is SUPER tuff...
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

If you read the docs it would have told you that zoneminder stores jpegs only. You would know that jpeg is a higher quality however it is bigger than mpeg h264 format. Also to my knowledge zoneminder may never have full h264 because of legal issues in many countrys.

From Docs
Next it does things with JPEGs
From Change Log
FEATURE : Includes new 'ffmpeg' camera type. This essentially passes the path you configure directly to ffmpeg and uses whatever it squirts out.
aka it sends it back to JPEG anyways so h264 is useless to an extent
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

littlearnold wrote:how much of a donation do you need to implement

- "True" H.264? Because it has better quality/sharpness then ffmpeg

- Record with Audio?

- Export video without audio?

Total Donation and ETA? Be gentle as the economy is SUPER tuff...
You need to break this up... You will never get one guy to do all three, and you may not get one guy to do any...

H.264 You need to find a tool that runs on Linux that makes "true" h.264 on linux. Then you can script it from the event directory. You may be able to hire someone to do this at a reasonable rate.

Audio... Look here. http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12623 Chip in.

The third is pointless right now. How do you drop what ain't there?
littlearnold

Post by littlearnold »

I need all three and it needs to work on my 3G cell phone (audio and video).. otherwise it would be cheaper to just go out and spend $600 on software that already has this.

I would rather donate to the community and enhance open source instead. Maybe there are others that can chip in a few dollars along with me for these features so the entire community can have them.

ps
need to capture audio for my own humor, but for a crime I need to strip the audio to show the police and use in court. So it would be four items because you need to make it record audio along with video.
coke

Post by coke »

Switching from saving JPEGs to saving video files, in any format, doesn't appear to be on the roadmap in any way, shape, or form. It would involve rewriting lots of code, as the whole thing is designed to save and use the (higher quality) JPEG stills.

Recording audio's not out of the question, and as mentioned earlier, there's a thread with a bounty started for that. Recording it would be easy, I imagine the difficult part would be syncing the recorded audio with a video generated from the stills.