Web server ???

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
TimboUK

Web server ???

Post by TimboUK »

Hi,

Sorry more "NUBE" questions again. (I have read through the manual too!)

I have my zoneminder now up and running from the excellent live cd (done full install). I am trying now to access the web interface from another PC; at the moment just on my internal network. I put in the IP address of my linux box, but all I see is a webpage that says "Its Works!". Where have I gone wrong please.

Cheers again
jamescollings

Post by jamescollings »

The "it works" page shows that your web server is running... The zoneminder stuff can be found at

http://www.mydomain.co.uk/zm

(obviously replace www.mydomain.co.uk with your specific details).

I don't know if the use of "/zm" is supposed to deter opportunist people from finding your installation over the web? Maybe someone will know.
TimboUK

Post by TimboUK »

Great, /zm gets me to it on my internal network.

Now my router supports dyndns so thats next. Is the default install from the live cd safe enough to open up in the "DMZ", or should I be making other adjustments?
TimboUK

Post by TimboUK »

Well I set up 2 users, 1 as "admin", and one as "monitor".

How can I stop "monitor" being able to access and change zone settings?
jamescollings

Post by jamescollings »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Section 8.7 again
There are also five values that define the user permissions, these are ‘Stream’, ‘Events’, ‘Control’, ‘Monitors’ and ‘System’ Each can have values of ‘None’, ‘View’ or ‘Edit’ apart from ‘Stream’ which has no ‘Edit’ setting. These values cover access to the following areas; ‘Stream’ defines whether a user is allowed to view the ‘live’ video feeds coming from the cameras. You may wish to allow a user to view historical events only in which case this setting should be ‘none’. The ‘Events’ setting determines whether a user can view and modify or delete any retained historical events. The ‘Control’ setting allows you to indicate whether the user is able to control any Pan/Tilt/Zoom type cameras you may have on your system. The ‘Monitors’ setting specifies whether a user can see the current monitor settings and change them. Finally the ‘System’ setting determines whether a user can view or modify the system settings as a whole, such as options and users or controlling the running of the system as a whole.

I think the ability to mess with the zones is considered to be the "Monitors" setting, but I must admit that I haven't checked.