1.25.0 - Ubuntu Desktop (11.10) - Install DVD (32 & 64-bit )

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
dbu

Re: 1.25.0 - Ubuntu Desktop (11.10) - Install DVD (32 & 64-b

Post by dbu »

A big thank you for this distro. I've been successful using it to set up ZM on a Foxconn Nettop NT-A3700 with an AMD E450 processor which supports 4 Foscam 8910W cameras over wi-fi at about 5-9 fps, although I had a few problems setting up the cameras - I'll post details of that and the fixes on the Foscam pages. 8)

My question, though is can you tell me what the password is to get into MySQL from the command line? I don't remember setting one up when I installed ZM and I want to set up a report a query to browse the logs so that I can see when people have last logged on. I also want to be able to back it up.

Thanks again.

PS I purchased the Nettop for $184 from Newegg including a 64GB OCR SSD, which should be plenty for my needs and $17 extra for 4GB of DDR3 RAM. Also, it only uses ~17W.
elfking

Re: 1.25.0 - Ubuntu Desktop (11.10) - Install DVD (32 & 64-b

Post by elfking »

river100 wrote:elfking,

This is an old thread but i gotta say this.

I started playing with linux and ZoneMinder after
hurricane katrina.
Was stuck in a fema trailer with not much to do.
Iv'e compiled from source, used Ross Melin's Live CD
and Ubuntu's deb's. It's a super piece of software.

This live CD you made is really nice. It's probably the easiest
way to have a GOOD working setup of ZoneMinder.
With the changes in linux and ffmpeg it's not that easy
to compile from source anymore. So you have done PPL
a big favor. Yes you did give back.
Just wanted to say thanks.

PS I'm going to watch for your posts, a server version
would be the icing on the cake
I am glad to see it has helped out as many people as it has.. I have played around a bit to get a stripped down command line only server version (using ubuntu 12.04LTS) and I can get it all running nice an easy now thanks to the packages being updated etc. However the tool I used to make the livecd requires a GUI it seems in order to work properly.. (or I am missing something...) If I get it working at some point then for sure ill put it up!

lfs wrote:A couple years ago I built linux from scratch and zoneminder and all deps. Well the disk just crashed and I was too lazy to redo everything so I tried this dvd and it is great.

Here are a couple things:

If you want to move the location of your mysql database, ubuntu uses this horrible security crap called apparmor. I couldn't get it to work with the new data directory so I just removed the entire apparmor package. Steps:
apt-get remove apparmor
stop mysql
vi /etc/mysql/my.cnf change data dir
cd /var/lib/mysql
tar cf - . | (cd /new/data/dir; tar xf -)
start mysql

Also this dvd does not seem to have cambozola. So I installed it like this:
wget http://www.charliemouse.com:8080/code/c ... est.tar.gz
tar xf cambozola-latest.tar.gz
cp cambozola-*/dist/cambozola.jar /var/www/zm

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for that! I guess I spaced out on the 'final' release I did and forgot it... so thanks for that!
dbu wrote:A big thank you for this distro. I've been successful using it to set up ZM on a Foxconn Nettop NT-A3700 with an AMD E450 processor which supports 4 Foscam 8910W cameras over wi-fi at about 5-9 fps, although I had a few problems setting up the cameras - I'll post details of that and the fixes on the Foscam pages. 8)

My question, though is can you tell me what the password is to get into MySQL from the command line? I don't remember setting one up when I installed ZM and I want to set up a report a query to browse the logs so that I can see when people have last logged on. I also want to be able to back it up.

Thanks again.

PS I purchased the Nettop for $184 from Newegg including a 64GB OCR SSD, which should be plenty for my needs and $17 extra for 4GB of DDR3 RAM. Also, it only uses ~17W.
Sure its really not much, just Ubuntu with some compiled source.. but it can certainly be a pain sometimes to even get that done. :D As for the MySQL login credentials: username: root password: 12345678

I just upgraded from my low powered intel atom (also low power usage, which was working great) but I kept finding myself doing more and more with it and it was running out of cpu finally... so we will see how the new setup does here in a bit...