ZoneMinder socket_sendto errors

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
chrisp

ZoneMinder socket_sendto errors

Post by chrisp »

Hi All,

# uname -a
Linux mint 2.6.38-10-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 15:05:41 UTC 2011 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

# cat /etc/linuxmint/info
RELEASE=11
CODENAME=katya
EDITION="Gnome 32-bit"
DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 11 Katya"

ZoneMinder v1.24.2 (via "apt-get install zoneminder")

I have a Mint Linux VMware Virtual Machine, which I have configured with ZoneMinder, but there's a propblem I can't seem to get around. I can see that my monitors are set up right and they show up green and in the back-end, I can see that the camera images are being stored to disk and are quite valid, but when I try to view the live image feeds or any event details via ZoneMinder GUI, I see the errors in the httpd error log. I've done some investigation and although I do see a new socket turn up in /tmp, it appears to be a different name (subtly) to what Apache is trying to find.

I did a simple "ls" of /tmp while I opened a browser window trying to look at the live video stream, while tailing the error log, so that you can see the timing of it all (the lines below, all happen in chronological order): -

mint zoneminder # ll /tmp/zms-*.sock
ls: cannot access /tmp/zms-*.sock: No such file or directory <-- Not there yet...
srwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 0 2011-08-01 20:53 /tmp/zms-295678w.sock <-- There it is...
srwxr-xr-x 1 www-data www-data 0 2011-08-01 20:53 /tmp/zms-295678w.sock <- Still there...

[Mon Aug 01 20:53:27 2011] [error] [client 10.6.8.55] socket_sendto( /tmp/zms-295678s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory, referer: http://cctv/index.php?view=watch&mid=1 <-- Notice that it's looking for a file with "s" rather than the "w" in the filename...

[Mon Aug 01 20:53:27 2011] [error] [client 10.6.8.55] array (\n 0 => \n array (\n 'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/stream.php',\n 'line' => 55,\n 'function' => 'ajaxError',\n 'args' => \n array (\n 0 => 'socket_sendto( /tmp/zms-295678s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory',\n ),\n ),\n 1 => \n array (\n 'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/index.php',\n 'line' => 117,\n 'args' => \n array (\n 0 => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/stream.php',\n ),\n 'function' => 'require_once',\n ),\n), referer: http://cctv/index.php?view=watch&mid=1

ls: cannot access /tmp/zms-*.sock: No such file or directory <-- It's gone...

I've Googled about a bit and although I've seen similar errors, I can not see why this is happening or how to sort it out. I've got plenty of shared memory assigned, as I came up against that little gem early on and I've binned the annoying but still functional PHP errors for ereg(), so I'm confident that those problems are not related to this.

Just to be extra sure that I'm right about the system being all worky apart from the image viewing functionality, here's an image captured by my Conservatory camera, via ZoneMinder, viewed through it's path on disk, served directly from Apache: -

And here's a bunch of the capture and analyse images round about when I went and did a "Jazz Hands" pose to test the motion detection: -

I'm stuck, please help.

Cheers,
--

ChrisP
seikialice88

Re: ZoneMinder socket_sendto errors

Post by seikialice88 »

Thank you so much for your post.