ZMLArch HDD install fails

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
BitBass

ZMLArch HDD install fails

Post by BitBass »

Trying with the most current version to install to HDD from the LiveCD and I always get:

larchin is reporting "no disk(-like) devices were found...

Then it fails.

The only reference I could find on Google is this: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=50742

There's a reference to a bugfix but the link goes nowhere for me. Anyone else run into this? Any ideas how I can fix this?

I've run gparted as sudo and repartitioned with a swap and either an ext2 or ext3 data partition. Nothing makes any difference.

Also, on a possibly related note I had to change the permissions on the HDD installer link on the desktop to "execute" for the user or I would always get a bunch of Python errors when I started it. Could that be related?
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Please try running the installer from a terminal with root privs.
'sudo /opt/larchin/run/larchin.py'

I think I had had hacked the .desktop link to use sudo but maybe it has overwritten by the last update. I'll investigate further when I get a little time.
BitBass

Post by BitBass »

I had checked the settings and recalled seeing the sudo in the shortcut. Alas, running it from the CLI had the same result. Here's my df -h:

[user ~]$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
aufs 2.3G 11M 2.3G 1% /
tmpfs 2.3G 11M 2.3G 1% /.livesys
/dev/sr0 499M 499M 0 100% /.livesys/medium
none 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev/shm
/dev/cciss/c0d0p1 165G 60M 156G 1% /mnt/c0d0p1

You can see I've mounted the drive as /mnt/c0d0p1. Is it looking for the mounted drive to be somewhere else? I created a swap partition on the HDD as well but that's not mounted. Don't know if that matters. I used "sudo gparted" for the partitioning and formatting. Tried the main partition as EXT2 and EXT3. Primary partition, not Extended.

Thanks for your help!
BitBass

Post by BitBass »

Is it a problem that it's a SCSI drive? RAID5 actually but presents as a single drive. I'm trying to parse through finddevices.py in stages since that seems to be the problem. I'm wondering if it's just not seeing that type.
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Is it a problem that it's a SCSI drive? RAID5 actually
HP SmartArray hardware raid controller. The larchin installer doesn't recognize it (yet). If you have any luck hacking it you could let us know what you did :)
BitBass

Post by BitBass »

Aw man. That is really not what I wanted to hear.

Ok, I might fiddle a little but then I probably need to try something else. I'll certainly post if I get it working.
brandonsstanley

Any hack to allow install to HP RAID?

Post by brandonsstanley »

I want to use ZMLARCH... but I am installing to HP DL380 with SmartArray and as evidenced before the installer does not support... Any experienced people out there who could help get by this issue?