After Installing ZMLARCH to Hard drive, ZMCONSOLE not Workin

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
khurram2009

After Installing ZMLARCH to Hard drive, ZMCONSOLE not Workin

Post by khurram2009 »

After installing the zmlarch to the hard drive, the zmconsole does not work.. It starts normally but when I try to login to zone minder it gives me an error.. saying that no connection... But when I put the CD in it works fine..

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME ASAP...
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

run
iwconfig

see if the network interface has the correct drivers also check out /var/logs
khurram2009

Post by khurram2009 »

all that is fine...
but i am getting an error- "/var/lib/mysql/zmhost.err"

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME WITH THIS ASAP...
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

but i am getting an error- "/var/lib/mysql/zmhost.err"
Where are you seeing this error?
somedude

Sorry for hogging an existing thread

Post by somedude »

... but this post would have been the answer to my question, had it been updated...
Same issue here. Zm ran fine off the live cd (zmlarch 1.24) but Apache isn't responding to any connection attempts, in spite of the service (httpd) starting successfully.
I have a physical Ethernet connection, no wireless, and I figured out the network with a static IP. I can get to the Internet from my zm server, and eth0 is up and running. No http://localhost/zm, though.

I will continue to try to get it running. Arch Linux is very quick and streamlined but I miss Mandriva... Since Mandrake 6.1 I have been a fan of Mandr% and now it's no longer the platform of choice for the ZM live CD. That's too bad, IMHO, but it's called progress, so I will get over it. ;-)

Is webmin no longer part of zmlarch? I guess I can try Shaman to see if it's installed already.

Many thanks for all the contributed to ZM and related resources.
Last edited by somedude on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
somedude

Post by somedude »

Well... I was too quick to post a question.

The secret is - get the network running and Apache will also work...
After a restart, once I changed the network settings, I was able to get to the ZM console. Installing webmin right now, as this server (you should see it, he he he - it's a bare mobo screwed on to the basement wall) should run headless.

I do think the network profile didn't start automatically, but I will ask Mr. Google about that one. (I am really - REALLY new to Arch).

I will try to post a solution, once I have it.

Thanks for reading.
diesel16

cant connect to localhost after installing to harddrive

Post by diesel16 »

had the same problem as kurram2009 tried everthing after searching posts but did not work then i noticed zmhost_189_28 in host file, livecd worked with this hostname but when installed to harddrive it would give error in web log cannot find ipv4 address for zmhost so i edited /etc/hosts and removed _189_28 from end and it worked wow spent a day and half fighting with this but now everthing works thanks ross for all your live cd's :D
somedude

Post by somedude »

That's true, one of the things I had to change was the host name.
In addition, I setup the network with a static IP, gateway and a default profile for Arch.
After that, it worked fine.

BTW, I installed webmin with pacman - I can't believe how smooth that was. Not that I'm criticizing, but I was surprised it was missing. Still, 'pacman -S webmin' did it. All I had to do after is allow remote access.