ZM Live CD installation

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
owin385

ZM Live CD installation

Post by owin385 »

Hello Ross,

Great Job on the Live CD. I can boot to the cd and use the distro successfully, but I'm having problems with the installation. I've followed the instructions and was able the bring up the installation GUI using root and password/qwerty, but for some reason the installation failed on a new 80 HD. Here's some more information:

After typing livecd-install as root, the GUI comes up, but you can also see errors in the shell.

For example:
"Prototype mismatch: sub fMain::min ($$) vs none at /usr/lib/libDrakX/common.pm line 15"
"Prototype mismatch: sub fMain::max ($$) vs none at /usr/lib/libDrakX/common.pm line 15"
"Prototype mismatch: sub main::min vs ($$) at livecd-install.ui.pm line 714"
main::BEGIN() called at livecd-install.ui.pm line 714
eval {.....} called at livecd-install.ui.pm line 714
"Prototype mismatch: sub main::min vs ($$) at livecd-install.ui.pm line 714"
main::BEGIN() called at livecd-install.ui.pm line 714
eval {.....} called at livecd-install.ui.pm line 714

In the GUI, using the defaults or optional partitions the installation failed because it runs out of space and could not find a file or directory. It copies files until about 42% and then some of the following errors appear:

error messages:
chmod: failed to get attributes of '/tmp/livecd.install.7042//usr/share/applnk-mdk-simplified/Enjoy' : No such file or directory.
chown: failed to get attribute of XXX directory : No such file or directory
mkdir cannot create directory 'xxx' : No space left on device
etc...

Is there another option to install the cd?

Thanks in advance.