zm will not not load after debian upgrade to etch

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
juju_bean

zm will not not load after debian upgrade to etch

Post by juju_bean »

Zoneminder has been running great on a server for quite a while. I did an aptitude upgrade which took my debian version to etch. Now when I try to start zm i get this in the zmpkg.log

04/26/2007 20:18:30.664862 zmpkg[17162].INF [Command: start]
04/26/2007 20:18:31.490567 zmpkg[17162].ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]

I can access the zm web page, but the source devices are red. I have no video (because of the zmfix error, I suppose).

I've searched the forums, and went from version 1.22.2 to 1.22.3 by recompiling, installing.
Nothing seems to help. Been at this for 2 days now.

I do know there were ALOT of debian packages that were removed and flagged as untrusted during the upgrade.
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

Can you try running the zmfix line from the command line and see if there's any more useful messages?

i.e. "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix"
babba

Re: zm will not not load after debian upgrade to etch

Post by babba »

juju_bean wrote:Zoneminder has been running great on a server for quite a while. I did an aptitude upgrade which took my debian version to etch. Now when I try to start zm i get this in the zmpkg.log

04/26/2007 20:18:30.664862 zmpkg[17162].INF [Command: start]
04/26/2007 20:18:31.490567 zmpkg[17162].ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]

I can access the zm web page, but the source devices are red. I have no video (because of the zmfix error, I suppose).

I've searched the forums, and went from version 1.22.2 to 1.22.3 by recompiling, installing.
Nothing seems to help. Been at this for 2 days now.

I do know there were ALOT of debian packages that were removed and flagged as untrusted during the upgrade.
@ juju_bean - You are not allone - I've got the same problem, but have not had the time to dig into it.

Will try tonight the recommendation from Peter.

Greetings from Wiesbaden/Germany

babba
majik-br

Post by majik-br »

we need help! mine is working but no user authenticating ... disabled it, but can't leave it this way ...
babba

Post by babba »

PeterHoward wrote:Can you try running the zmfix line from the command line and see if there's any more useful messages?

hm - strange - when I enter above command into the terminal window - it returns:
/usr/local/bin/zmfix: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What to do now? :cry:

babba
juju_bean

no output

Post by juju_bean »

Much like most of the posts I've seen, when I run
sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix
I get no output.
As in:
xxxxxxxxxx:~# sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix
xxxxxxxxxx:~#

I've read that zmfix runs setuid which WAS deleted by the debain 4 upgrade. I re-installed the <super> package. I still get the same results.

I also had the Login problem (going back to the Login prompt without longing in). I found a fix in the forums. There's an issue upgrading mysql from 4 to 5, I think. Search the forums for "Login broken" by donatmote.
juju_bean

need the libmysqlclient15-dev?

Post by juju_bean »

babba wrote:
PeterHoward wrote:Can you try running the zmfix line from the command line and see if there's any more useful messages?

hm - strange - when I enter above command into the terminal window - it returns:
/usr/local/bin/zmfix: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

babba
There is a libmysqlclient.so file in the stable package libmysqlclient15-dev. Perhaps you need to install this package?
PeterHoward

Re: need the libmysqlclient15-dev?

Post by PeterHoward »

juju_bean wrote:
babba wrote:

babba
There is a libmysqlclient.so file in the stable package libmysqlclient15-dev. Perhaps you need to install this package?
Hopefully you don't need the -dev package . . . the one you want is either libmysqlclient15 or mysqlclient15off (that's what ubuntu calls it) running "apt-cache search libmysqlclient" should show up what's available.
babba

Re: need the libmysqlclient15-dev?

Post by babba »

PeterHoward wrote:Hopefully you don't need the -dev package . . . the one you want is either libmysqlclient15 or mysqlclient15off (that's what ubuntu calls it) running "apt-cache search libmysqlclient" should show up what's available.
The package manager of my Ubuntu 7.04 claims that libmysqlclient15off is present - I am lost now :cry:

Any hint is appreciated

Greetings

babba
sgn

Post by sgn »

apt-get install libmysqlclient15-dev, I suppose?
PeterHoward

no, you need libmysqlclient12

Post by PeterHoward »

babba wrote:
PeterHoward wrote:Hopefully you don't need the -dev package . . . the one you want is either libmysqlclient15 or mysqlclient15off (that's what ubuntu calls it) running "apt-cache search libmysqlclient" should show up what's available.
The package manager of my Ubuntu 7.04 claims that libmysqlclient15off is present - I am lost now :cry:

Any hint is appreciated

Greetings

babba
I just noticed the key point from above :

Did you build you install of zoneminder from source? If so you're going to have to rebuild it.
/usr/local/bin/zmfix: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.12
It is asking explicitly for libmysqlclient12 - which is a different (earlier) package to libmysqlclient15.

Did you build this zoneminder install from source? If so you're going to have to rebuild it, or see if libmysqlclient12 is still available.
juju_bean

still stuck

Post by juju_bean »

So, anyone have any ideas on why zmfix stopped working with the debian 4 etch upgrade :?:
juju_bean

more info

Post by juju_bean »

when i run zmfix via gdb i get:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/zmfix
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread -1219536096 (LWP 20320)]

Program exited with code 0343.

what is code 0343?
why is it giving a "Failed to read a valid object file image from memory."?

thanks for the help.
juju_bean

even more info

Post by juju_bean »

i get this while running zmu through gdb:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/zmu
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread -1219622048 (LWP 22487)]

Program exited with code 0343.
Mosquiton

ZM User Login problems after upgrade

Post by Mosquiton »

majik-br did you or any one else find the user authentication problem? I have the same problem after an Ubuntu 6.10 to 7.04 upgrade. I did rebuild from source and the rest of the system looks like its working. The zmc is dumping jpgs in the monitor directories, zma is running, and it looks like the frames table is updating so I don't think it's that libmysqlclient12~15 change. My only problem seems to be user login.
Thanks!