just a quicky

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
nolander

just a quicky

Post by nolander »

hi all

me mates and i sail at a local sailing club every weekend. but were sick of all the boats being damaged by vandals. its a community sailing club so there on a tight budget. so were hoping this program will help.

just a few Q?s.

1. i would like to know is u can set the camera to take a pic every X minutes or hours.

2. do u have to use a sever to store the photos.(we have no internet connection and we were just gonna use a spare 21 GB HDD.)

3. also i could not find sys requirements we have a 500mhz, 128mb, 21GB, 15inch, 1.2mp usb webcam.

4. in the future can we set up a motion sensor the coincide with the webcam

ta,
nolander
jamescollings

Re: just a quicky

Post by jamescollings »

nolander wrote:1. i would like to know is u can set the camera to take a pic every X minutes or hours.
I must admit I have never tried to do this, but if you want to know WHO is damaging the boats (and have a vague idea when) then the motion detection setting would be best (records images whenever motion is detected in a specified part of the image)
nolander wrote:2. do u have to use a sever to store the photos.(we have no internet connection and we were just gonna use a spare 21 GB HDD.)
The PC will happily store the images on the local hard-disk of the PC
nolander wrote:3. also i could not find sys requirements we have a 500mhz, 128mb, 21GB, 15inch, 1.2mp usb webcam.
I would recommend a (small) memory upgrade to a minimum 256Mb (512 would be better). Your processor and disk space is far better than mine and I run 2 cameras (soon to be 3) in motion detection mode.
nolander wrote:4. in the future can we set up a motion sensor the coincide with the webcam
Motion Detection comes inherent within ZoneMinder. I recommend STARTING with Motion detection. (run the Webcam at ~4-8 frames per second)