Zoneminder + Xorcom Astribank FXO channel bank

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
mchapman

Post by mchapman »

Hi,

Would someone be willing to check out Xorcom's Astribank specs to see if it would work with Zoneminder? It's an FXO channel bank designed to work with Asterisk and it has two inputs on it that can be used in conjunction with a burglar alarm or door switch. I would like to know if it would be possible to connect Zoneminder to the Astribank, and upon motion detection, have Asterisk place a call to alert someone (police, business owner) of activity.

You can find the channel bank at http://xorcom.com

Thanks,

Mike
yoonix

Post by yoonix »

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but we have a single instance of Zoneminder "talking' to Asterisk servers in Europe and the US.

The FXO/FXS device doesn't matter (I think), as we have Asterisk running on the same box as Zoneminder.

When a fillter is 'triggered', a script runs that causes the local Asterisk instance to 'call' our production Asterisk server at an extension that places calls and plays pre-recorded messages.

If this will work for you I can make a short howto.
calixto

Post by calixto »

I like the idea, giving access to the voice networks via Asterisk integration. I really appreciate your mini how-to

thanks
mchapman

Re: Zoneminder + Xorcom Astribank FXO channel bank

Post by mchapman »

yoonix wrote:I'm not sure if this is what you want, but we have a single instance of Zoneminder "talking' to Asterisk servers in Europe and the US.

The FXO/FXS device doesn't matter (I think), as we have Asterisk running on the same box as Zoneminder.

When a fillter is 'triggered', a script runs that causes the local Asterisk instance to 'call' our production Asterisk server at an extension that places calls and plays pre-recorded messages.

If this will work for you I can make a short howto.
yoonix,

I would like it very much if you would write up a short howto :D

Thanks,

Mike
VoiceIP

Connecting Astribank to non-telephony equipment

Post by VoiceIP »

Hi!

Astribank can initialte a call as you describe. The trigger is closing of a relay in the system you are talking about. If you can do that, you can use Astribank for the job. They have a white paper about this issue in:

http://www.xorcom.com/pdfs/AB002_Broadcast.pdf

By the way, the model they have on the website is 8 FXS, not 8 FXO, but my guess is that an FXO model will be available soon as well.

Good luck