MPEG MONTAGE NOT SYNC

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
victor_diago

MPEG MONTAGE NOT SYNC

Post by victor_diago »

Hi all.

if i use an mpeg montage even without the browser, only using mplayer, i get the normal 2 Sec delay, but after a few hours the montage go out of sync, that is the difference from one monitor to another in time goes by 20/30 seconds.

I have tried with Asf and Wmv, both goes in problems.

Also i want to use h263 with Zoneminder, have tried but without success, ffmpeg can deal with it, but how can I configure it ?

Im going in to the way to provide a Full Browserless mpeg montage, and h263 is really my choice.

Curtishall and krazy leet, can you help me ?

Thanks all

Victor Diago
victor_diago

Post by victor_diago »

for instance , my skype is victor_diago

thanks for all

Victor Diago
conor

Post by conor »

Hi Victor,

I would suggest that H.263 is a bad choice for CCTV applications. See:
http://www.axis.com/products/video/abou ... ession.htm
for an explanation why.

Since Zoneminder works with JPEG images to begin with, a MJPEG stream is going to be among the best options. Have you seen posts in this forum about James Wilson' excellent Windows application which is capable of providing montages without a browser on a PC?

No point in re-inventing the wheel for a remote Windows PC but are you instead looking at developing a local application?

Regards,

Conor
victor_diago

Post by victor_diago »

Hi Conor.

Actually my really problem is :

I want and need to make a Solution in box, so the same machine does the "zoneminder" side and also SHOW a montage in a TV-out capable nvidia Gforce FXanything. Actually i got all this working on TWO WAYS :

By using Firefox and opening the montage : I only made firefox open in full screen mode and open the montage, all works... but NOT FINE...

The problems are that using firefox the CPU usage INCREASES A LOT, and when the cpu increases the images of the montage freezes for a time and then, after 2 or 3 seconds it plays normal again. After some hours that firefox are up and running it just freeze and take all the X11 system with it... nothing of that f*** seems to work and if i dont restart X11 it would stay freezed forever. Im running with 8 cameras being 5 of then in record mode and 3 of then in Modect mode, with Alarmed Pixels schema and ALL THE CAMERAS are configured for 320x240 x 3 fps.

This really sucks in firefox... It manage the memory horrible, make a test yourself, press and hold pressed CTRL+T to open a lot of new tabs.... memory usage grow... then you can close that tabs... MEMORY USAGE DOESNT GO DOWN. ALSO using firefox with a jpeg streaming montage makes it to eat that portion of cpu that ive told;

So I CAN made a montage of 8 cameras 320x240 - 3fps with FIREFOX, but it FREEZE from time to time (when motion is huge in the 3 modect cameras) and after some time it really freezes and take the X11 system with it. That means i CAN make a montage but CANNOT use it effectively.

And i also can make a MPEG montage.... i set stream mode to MPEG, then select the ASF or WMV format and then i start mplayer and pass as argument the URL of the Video feed inside ZM, i can use the geometry option to put it right positioned on the screen and i ALSO set the buffer to 0 or the minimum possible. SO my montage OPENS and shows all the cameras gracefully on the screen, WITH LOW CPU USAGE and id DOESNT FREEZE from time to time like FireFucks (Firefox) BUT the damn goes out of sync... so lets say in a given time all the images was showing 12:00.... after 10 minutes all the cameras should show 12:10, but one is in 12:09 other in 12:08, other in 12:07 other in 12:10 as it should be... But i dont know why f*** dammn tis happens... ive tried to disable buffer, i could let the buffer to only a few Ms, but after some thime all goes wrong.

So, i have TWO completelly unusefull ways to make what others Surveillance Systems consider as priority and make siply, the possibility of Watch all images together on the screen in near realtime possible with lowes delay and SHURE all images sync.... IS TERRIBLE to watch a camera in the entrance of your house and see that someone is opening the door but in the fact the person have alread arrived and is just in your side....

Uff... sorry if i seems to be a bit stressed.... im trying to solve this since ive joined the forum, everybody here could see that in my prior messages. and that means some years already.

Thanks for all, and i would like if someone could help me in this.

Victor Diago
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Hi Victor.

This a familiar scenario that you going with the Windows media streaming. As many people here mentioned, the WMP has a tendency to a great lags, which only grow with time. Some mentioned that with hours, the lag may rise up to a 1/2 of a hour!

I'm currently investigating alternative methods of video streaming, which includes Java and other codecs, but currently WMP is the only out-of-box solution that can be used.
victor_diago

Post by victor_diago »

Hi.

Im not using WMP. im using mplayer under linux in the same box that zm is installed.

Thanks

Victor Diago
conor

Post by conor »

Victor,

I am interested in this kind of solution too where the display is shown from the same box. There no proper existing interface for this so I am interested in developing one!

The best point to start on this that I can see is to use DirectFB. Note that DirectFB does not use X and is a software interface that takes control of frame input and output. It is "frame buffer" interface library. See directfb.org and in particular download and try the DirectFB-examples where there is a program called df_video which is a command line program that uses a /dev/video source and displays it.

For it to work as a montage there needs to be a lot of work put in to write a program using DirectFB because instead of using the standard Linux V4L video inputs here we would want to use the shared memory where the video is stored by zm. Note that DirectFB can also display JPEG and PNG so it may be that we it should be possible to get DirectFB to display from JPEG files that it produces. Then it will be possible to use the video with times shown etc.

Regards,

Conor Downey
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

That looks interesting as a solution for a low resource load local viewer. For remote viewing I think RTP/RTSP streaming is probably the only way to get video that doesn't lag.

Phil