monitor watch: still mode ok, stream mode not always

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
chris-tux

monitor watch: still mode ok, stream mode not always

Post by chris-tux »

zm 1.20.1 is running now :lol: on my mandrake 10.1 distro,
I have then defined 4 monitors:
one with an usb cam, three with a grandtec capture card with no problems.
Opening the monitor watch window in stream mode works all right for each monitor (for the first time !).
Problem: If I close and reopen the same watch window, there is no image anymore; but the image is ok again if I change the scale. Note that when in still mode, the image is always ok for every monitor.
It is the same thing with the montage window.
Where should I look ? (found nothing in the different logs I looked in)
cordel

Post by cordel »

We Could use a little more information. What version of zm and are you using the cambozola, stream tough ffmpeg, or mjpeg streaming? what browser are you using? I would guess that maybe if you are using Firefox look at this thread.
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... wser.cache
also
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... cfrequency
Hopefuly this helps.
Cheers,
Cordel
chris-tux

Post by chris-tux »

Thanks AGAIN cordel, you solved the stream monitor problem (I am using Mozilla 1.7.2) but the montage stuff is still not completely ok: on the 4 monitors, I have often only two streaming (not always the same). I will redo a search for montage + mozilla/firefox... but if someone has an idea.
Concerning cambozola, the RPM installed it in /usr/lib/zm/html but I don't know how to check if I am using it; :oops:
streaming: ZM_VIDEO_STREAM_METHOD=jpeg
cheers
chris
cordel

Post by cordel »

If your using the FC3 rpm I produced I packaged the latest at the time cambozola. I have noticed simular issues and replaced the jar file with .22 in the /usr/lib/zm/html dir and found that it works without having that issue.
chris-tux

Post by chris-tux »

Hi all,
Effectively cordel with cambozola version 0.22, it is smoother but it is a very subjective opinion...
Concerning the streaming problem I got with mozilla 1.7.2, I changed the about:config as indicated in the above threads and it solved the problem.
Concerning the montage problem (not all the monitors are visible), it changed nothing.
Anyway, this morning I tried external login from my work place and installed firefox 1.0.1 (on XP) and everything is working fine (streaming on monitor and montage modes) without changing anything in the about:config file :shock:
I conclude that it is more likely a problem of browser...
cordel

Post by cordel »

You are correct. Unless you set ZM_CAN_STREAM to no, you are not using cambozola in mozilla/firefox. cambozola is more for WinIE since it does not support MJPEG. I will however be looking into setting an option to be able to use mpeg as an option so you have a choice of wether you use cambozola or mpeg for IE and still be able to keep mjpeg for Firefox/Mozilla and is on my todo list to start here pretty soon.