Analysed alarm images

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
thelight

Analysed alarm images

Post by thelight »

Ive noticed a problem? with the alarm images which are supposed to be outlined where motion has been detected. This used to work as advertised, but now just puts a red border around the whole image, even if the motion detected was obviously a small area.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Can you tell me where you've seen this? In a few places ZM outlines an alarm image in red anyway, regardless of whether you have alarm highlighting turned on.

Phil
Eklectick

Post by Eklectick »

Hi

I will just quickly jump in and mention of course that ZM_CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES should be checked in the Options - System Menu, and as the help says, if you are done tweaking motion detect, you are better off opting it out since it creates a little overhead on the system. :-)

Regards!
thelight

Post by thelight »

Im currently noticing this happening when I try to view still images generated from an event. A quick howto of what im doing:

Click on the number of events in the main Event column.
Watch an event
Click stills
Goto the page where motion was detected
A red box is drawn right around the frame of the image, but no specific motion is highlighted, even if individual people walking past are what is being detected.

I have create analysis images selected in options. I will turn it off in the future but im currently trying to use it for zone fine tuning
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Check what your alarm RGB colour is set to for that zone. That is the colour that will be used for highlighting.

Phil
thelight

Post by thelight »

The colour is set to R255, which is the colour which the whole image border turns when motion is detected.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Ok, next thing to check!

Is your alarm detection method set to 'blobs'? If not then it never gets as far as outlining as it just triggers on the total (raw or filtered) number of pixels.

The red outlining for alarmed images is independent of any zone colour. If you have multiple zones involved in an alarm then the outlining can be multiple colours.

Phil
billlion1

Post by billlion1 »

Well I have the same problem.
I have my zones set to blobs and I have tried ZM_CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES and ZM_RECORD_DIAG_IMAGES both checked and unchecked. Still no highlights for the changed part of the image just a frame boarder in red.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Can you try setting the alarm colour to somethign else and seeing if that affect anything. Also if you have disgnostic images on, then do they show anything useful?

Phil
thelight

Post by thelight »

ok ive found something which *may* be significant. I have 3 camera's running, all are using the blob detection method and event statistics are enabled in the main options.

Camera 1 does not highlight motion apart from making the border of the whole frame red. Additionally i have found that no event statistics are recorded. Apart from this, as far as i can see, everything else works fine.

Camera's 2 and 3 using both red, and other colour alarm's both work as they should, highlighting motion and recording statistical information.

The only differences between the 2 as far as zones go is different settings, but, they are all set to use pixels for measurement and blobs for detection.