frame rate problems ! :(

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
boombari

frame rate problems ! :(

Post by boombari »

hi all,

i have a problem:
if i create ONE camera link ... the frame rate is 14/16 ...in cambozola or mpeg streaming ..
..if i create TWO camera link ...the frame rete is 4 max ..for each camera ? :( why ?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

You don't say what distro you are using, what type of cameras or much detail at all really to go on.

However the likelihood is that you are using a four port capture card which only has one BTTV chip. With one camera active it can capture at it's full rate, with more than one it has to switch between the camera which takes time. This is especially true of really cheap cards.

If this isn't what you have, then you are going to have to supply quite a bit more detail to get much useful help.

Phil
boombari

Post by boombari »

my configuration is:

zm 1.20.0

p3 550
256mb ram
1 pci bt874 with 4 chan with 1 bt chipset
2 cmos camera
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

It looks likely it's just your card having one BTTV chip that is limiting your frame rates. Most good one chip cards will do one cam at 25fps, two at maybe 10fps each, three at 4fps and four at 2fps. It's possible, if your card is a cheap one, that it can't quite manage these rates. Try adding a third monitor (it doesn't need to actually have a camera attached) and seeing what you get. There's not much you can really do about it though.

Phil