Event View with frames not in the correct order

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
djsb

Event View with frames not in the correct order

Post by djsb »

When displaying an event i have the following information in the event list window:
Duration Showed at event list window: 68.48seconds and 665 frames
Time(v) displayed in event list window: 19h52:00

If i want to see the movie using cabozola or netscape stream it only shows two images:
- The first that says 19h52:00
- The second that says 19h51:34
and then it stops the streaming.

I i generate a movie, i can see all the movie with the 68.48seconds.

If i see stills images clicking on some images i have:
- First Image 19h52:00
- Second Image 19H51:34
- Last Image 19h53.34

I don't know why there all allways some images in the beginning that do not belong there... I have changed the buffers vallues.. Can be that?

Here is my configuration for that camera:
- Function: Motion Detection
- Image Buffer Size (frames): 100
- Warmup Frames: 25
- Pre Event Image Buffer< 100
- Post Event Image Buffer 100

I've choosen this values because i need to have some images before the motion detection starts recording..

--
Domingos Bruges
x-fede

Re: Event View with frames not in the correct order

Post by x-fede »

djsb wrote: - Function: Motion Detection
- Image Buffer Size (frames): 100
- Warmup Frames: 25
- Pre Event Image Buffer< 100
- Post Event Image Buffer 100
in the readme, it says it's better to keep pre-event image buffer at around 50% of the image buffer. (the post event, instead can be kept as high as you want, even more than the main buffer, because it's not really a buffer).
Fede
djsb

Post by djsb »

Now i have a buffer of 150frames
A pre-buffer of 75frames
And a post-buffer os 100 frames.

That problem no longer exists, but the duration showed in the event list window does not match with the real recorded images. Example:

Duration showed in event list window: 6.55
First image time stamp: 15h53.51
Last image time stamp: 15h54.34
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

djsb wrote:Now i have a buffer of 150frames
A pre-buffer of 75frames
And a post-buffer os 100 frames.

That problem no longer exists, but the duration showed in the event list window does not match with the real recorded images. Example:

Duration showed in event list window: 6.55
First image time stamp: 15h53.51
Last image time stamp: 15h54.34
I could be wrong, but I believe the duration is for detected movement only.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

The best way to see exactly what frames are captured and when is to click under the 'Frames' or 'Alarm Frames' columns in one of the events list views which wil bring up a table listing the frame details for that event. If you can do that and perhaps post if you think something is wrong in there it would help make things a bit clearer.

Cheers,

Phil,
ekiboy69

Post by ekiboy69 »

Cheerio,

I have a problem understanding this:
zoneminder wrote:The best way to see exactly what frames are captured and when is to click under the 'Frames' or 'Alarm Frames' columns in one of the events list views which wil bring up a table listing the frame details for that event.
If ZM is run in Modect mode, is it not self evident that the frames captured are the frames that are saved in the event's subdirectory under events/.

Another question is - and this is crucially important for me - whether the pictures are saved in chronological order. What I mean with this is that the pictures are given names with numbers that sort them in chronological order.

I have backed up a lot of picture directories with Nuggets "Archive old events script" and because of that I do not have the database data left anymore.

Creating video with mjpegtools with the same parameters as in ZM source code results in video where the frames are not in chronological order. I can tell it by the timestamps.

So, one of these two options must be true:

1) the pictures in the ZM events directories are not and are not supposed to be named (numbered) in chronological order

2) my ZM installation is screwed up and bad :-(

Any bets?

Anxiously waiting for your help,

Elias
:shock:
unclerichy

Post by unclerichy »

Perhaps the ordering is because you haven't set the ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS option to a high enough number. It might be creating you event images with names like this:

1.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
100.jpg
101.jpg
1000.jpg
2.jpg
20.jpg

and so on - it used to do this until Phil added in the digits option under Options->Config. Now it numbers them correctly:

000001.jpg
000002.jpg
000100.jpg
ekiboy69

Post by ekiboy69 »

[quote="unclerichy"]Perhaps the ordering is because you haven't set the ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS option to a high enough number.

I don't think so. I published one directory of my bat pictures. If you look at the pictures you notice pretty soon that they are numbered in time order. It seems to be the case that every time ZM has analyzed some movement the pics are in wrong order.

Take a look at http://public.fotki.com/ekiboy69/batpics/

If you would like to see them in some other way please let me know.
ekiboy69

Example video available

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hello,

I made a video using a directory where the jpg images are seemingly in wrong order. Please check out the video at:

http://gamma.nic.fi/~nakka/videoclips/batvideo.mpg

As you can see, it seems to be the case that
1) the pictures are not in correct order and
2) some things are shown twice or even more times (repetition)

Odd - isn't it?

Does anybody have any hints about how to reorganize the pictures to correct order?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

This is very curious. Can you do the following please,

1) Do an 'ls -lrt' of the directory for that event (probably somewhere like /var/www/html/zm/events/<mon id>/<event id>

2) Post the frames data for that event. Either from the database directory or from the frames listing of ZM

3) Maybe mail me some of the out of sequence images, or post links.

Nice bats by the way! The only wildlife I get on mine are cats, the odd hedgehog and giant spiders crawling over the cameras lenses.

Cheers,

Phil,
ekiboy69

The video was generated from archived events

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hello, Phil and other ZoneMinded,

I'll post you the data first thing tomorrow morning. I am not able to post you data about this specific event. The reason: we gathered a lot of pics & data. I used archived all events above a certain treshold rate. All others were cleaned from the directories and database with Nugget's script.

The archived event folders were burned on DVD:s and deleted from the HDD.

I think I am able to find another example from those events that are still in the ZM machine.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Hi.

Just a thought but do you have the frame server (zmf) option ZM_OPT_FRAME_SERVER on and ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS set to something other than 3?

Someone else has found a bug with the frame image naming code meaning that some frames get named with 3 digits and some with more which may screw up the ordering.

Phil,
ekiboy69

Strange behaviour caused by faulty capacitors

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hello,

I think I have found the reason why the pictures in the event folders are not in temporal order. I have been browsing the logs and there are lots of disk and other errors.

All symptoms are gone when I changed the mainboard. At this point it seems that Gigabyte GA7VTXE i was using had bad capacitors when it came out of the factory.

Same crappy capacitors are used in majority of motherboards made Taiwan. :evil:

Please read the exiting story behind the leaking capacitors at http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/re ... /ncap.html

and an extremely good overview of the problem at:

http://www.careyholzman.com/

The moral of the story: people usually tend to think the problem is in software when the computer does not work. My example shows that the fault may also be in hardware. Worst of all, these symptoms I had would have been impossible to diagnose in Windows. The only source of information that led me to this are the logs of ZM Linux installation.

I will test the motherboard for stability when I have changed all the capacitors to better quality ones.

"A job well done includes tens of hours of digging **it that shouldn't even exist!":twisted:

Been there, seen it..... :roll: