Unable to Get Static Frame Rate With Continuous Record

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
tungstencoil

Unable to Get Static Frame Rate With Continuous Record

Post by tungstencoil »

Hi,

We have ZoneMinder set up for continuous record ("Function = Record") for multiple networked cameras. The cameras themselves are set to stream at 30.0 fps. ZoneMinder is set to record at 15 fps (Source-->General-->Maximum FPS = 15).

I can verify the cameras are streaming 30 fps. It is my understanding then that ZM should be recording 15 fps, but the status typically shows between 3 and 6 fps. Looking at the resultant video after transcoding it into a movie, I would have to say that the low frame rate seems accurate; it is monitoring a very busy area and things jump around quite a bit. Each segment is capped at 300 seconds, and one can also see that the actual seconds recorded vary by +/- 5%.

The server does not seem to be under exceptional load. The machine is a modern dual-core server with 4GB recording just 4 network cameras.

Any tips on troubleshooting or correctly configuring this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
kingofkya

Re: Unable to Get Static Frame Rate With Continuous Record

Post by kingofkya »

You need to feed ZM the corect frame rate or it will guss 30 /2 =15 but zm is not god at estimating that with network cams because it has to take apart the stream. Generaly its something like /strem.asp?cam=1&fps=15 but it will depend on the cam