zmu: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
fatboy

zmu: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization

Post by fatboy »

zmu[3487]: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization - please fix the application

Anytime I look at my video - zmwatch (is that what it's called?)

Debian Lenny, ZM 1.23.3, apache2. Installed via apt using

deb http://ftp.be.debian.org/debian/ unstable main

Seems to work, just loads up the logs.

Ideas?
cordel

Post by cordel »

It's an odd error, trying to think what zmu would do with Libgcrypt.
I'll have to dig in the code for this one.
darkpaw

same problem

Post by darkpaw »

I get the same problem. New/clean install, with Fedora Core 10. ZM 1.23.3

Though I notice I also get this with it:

ERR [Unable to authenticate user]

Is there a user-related issue on 1.23.3?

The system has been rebooted since enabling it, and all cameras were created post switch to authentication.
darkpaw

SOLVED

Post by darkpaw »

Well, that turned out to be easy. I followed my gut on the log message. The telltale sign was the authentication issue. I am doing my testing on a machine other than the ZM device (as you should, as there should be no UI running on the ZM system). The problem was that I still had a Firefox window open, not related to ZM at all. But Firefox has this awful problem (the only PLUS side at all to using IE is that it doesn't have this problem) where it caches any password usage in ANY of the windows (doesn't have to be tabs within the same window, ANY window of Firefox running is considered all the in the same shared memory, and everything is cached between windows).

I just closed down Firefox (since the password (original one) for the admin user was incorrect). Instead of auto-logging me on without entering a password (the other telltale sign that it was cached) it prompted me for password. And now Voila! It works.

So whoever had this same issue....try closing ALL your Firefox windows, or rebooting. That should fix your problem. Reboot the client machine, not the ZM one.
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

I have the same problem...

zms[23346]: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization - please fix the application
zmu[23366]: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization - please fix the application
johnnytolengo

Post by johnnytolengo »

the same problem:

zms[1763]: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization - please fix the application

how to fix it?

thanks.
J.
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

I got that problem when I used the authorization method of zm, I switch to apache authorization and all is good... but now, I can't use the cool programs like zmviewer or jzmconsole... I can live with that...

oppsss... sorry, I just remember that, that error was when I had 1.23, the one that comes with Fedora 10, I downloaded 1.24.2 and build it, and all got well...
johnnytolengo

Post by johnnytolengo »

I can't live with that problem, :) lol

J.
pumo

Post by pumo »

I have same problem with debian lenny and zoneminder 1.24.
if OPT_USE_AUTH is tapped and AUTH_Relay is set hashed or plain it doesn't show any picture, and logs

Code: Select all

zms[4716]: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization - please fix the application
however it show pictures with password authentication if I set options to like this:
is it "dangerous" ?
clipo

Post by clipo »

Jan 6 15:41:02 mail zms[24311]: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization - please fix the application

Same issue here...

I have several systems all are clean install using the CentOS guilds in the wiki, using the following

Centos5

ZoneMinder 1.24.2 and ZoneMinder 1.23.3

This issue is new and has appeard on the 1.23.3 systems in the last few months, when they were a clean install I don't ever remember seeing this error in the logs.

My best guess is that one of the other packages that are being used now requires it or have broken it in an update.

Any other idea.......