Zoneminder 1.23X Deleting Events

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
metallica1973

Zoneminder 1.23X Deleting Events

Post by metallica1973 »

I cannot understand why the systems take so long to purge images. I simply select to display all of the events and then delete them. It take a long time so purge the images. Why doesn't zoneminder do it immediately?
Last edited by metallica1973 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
haus

Post by haus »

This is probably what you are looking for:

ZM_OPT_FAST_DELETE

Normally an event created as the result of an alarm consists of entries in one or more database tables plus the various files associated with it. When deleting events in the browser it can take a long time to remove all of this if your are trying to do a lot of events at once. It is recommended that you set this option which means that the browser client only deletes the key entries in the events table, which means the events will no longer appear in the listing, and leaves the zmaudit daemon to clear up the rest later.
metallica1973

Post by metallica1973 »

I have tried all filter options and nothing is deleting?
haus

Post by haus »

It's not a filter option, it's in the ZM options page. This is the expected behavior - you delete the entries in the database and zmaudit comes along later (interval also specified in the options) and deletes the events.
metallica1973

Post by metallica1973 »

finally it deleted the images but only half and a day late. what gives?
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

haus wrote:It's not a filter option, it's in the ZM options page. This is the expected behavior - you delete the entries in the database and zmaudit comes along later (interval also specified in the options) and deletes the events.
This...
metallica1973

Post by metallica1973 »

My images and or events finally deleted but it took days for it to delete. I lowered the setting on each of these ZM_FILTER_EXECUTE_INTERVAL, ZM_RUN_AUDIT, ZM_AUDIT_CHECK_INTERVAL and it still takes forever on a new machine that has replaced the old one. Why is this?
haus

Post by haus »

Uncheck ZM_OPT_FAST_DELETE.

You're probably going to want to spend some time reviewing the documentation - it's just a fact of life with anything as featured and complex as a ZoneMinder installation.