Someone who recognize this disturbence on my camera

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
Tobbe

Someone who recognize this disturbence on my camera

Post by Tobbe »

Hi,

I've tried for I don't know how long to get a disent picture/vide out of my camera (SonyCCD) and my BT878 DVR Card with a reciever connected to the card (camera is running wireless). I tried all possible configuration on Zoneminder but I don't get any good pictures. Someone seen this before?

http://smultronet.org/video/SonyCCD.wmv (hope it works, recorded with recordMyDesktop on Ubuntu 8.10 64Bit and renamed the file from .ogv to .wmv). If it doesn't work, try to right click on the link and download it (it's only 12MB)

//Tobbe
haus

Post by haus »

My version of Windows Media Player was unable to play the file.
codabiz

Post by codabiz »

INFO:
Video plays in VLC media player, once downloaded, as wmv or ogv file type (if changed back).

I don't know what causes the break-up though, I'm only a Zoneminder novice!
electron

Post by electron »

If you only have one capture card, & one camera, try to substitute another composite video source into the card, like a DVD player or anything that puts out composite video. Also try to run XawTV app & view the camera & see if it is stable there. If the card or the camera are part of the problem Xawtv will probably show that same noise. Could be as simple as a bad connection/loose connector. Make sure it's not NTSC cam with ZM set to PAL or some simple setting mistake. Also try 320 x 200 as minimum res & slow down max fps under monitor source & see if it eliminates it. Looks like camera sync is flakey, could be too long cable, or flakey camera power supply if it is 12VDC cam. Maybe Wireless cam could be getting intermittant interference.